flat panel response time specs

Jim

I've been reading about the millisec response time specs on flat
panels but never saw one that read like this (not Dell) :

Response Time : 15 ms (Rising), 10 ms (Falling)

Can anyone in layman terms basically explain this because I haven't
seen this in all my reading so far. Do you just take the average of
the two numbers to get a comparison to others ??

Rise time is the time it takes for a pixel to go from dark to bright; fall
time is from bright to dark. Most LCD spec sheets include the average.

Ted Zieglar

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 04:30:39 -0500, "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com>
wrote:

>Rise time is the time it takes for a pixel to go from dark to bright; fall
>time is from bright to dark. Most LCD spec sheets include the average.
>
>Ted Zieglar

Thanks Ted for educating me.
Much Appreciated.