Lies of Gateway - Screw the US Worker - Lie to make aq sale

A bunch of mumbo jumbo. The point is that this idiot purposly lied and
misled me. I think the public has a right to know how Gateway apparently
witll lie and stetch the truch to make a sale. You all are just as bad as
the stereotyped "used car salesman". I have no confidence in your Company
now and upon inspection of this Mexicn Computer, see that there is not even
an OS disk in it. I must burn my own backup??? JUst what I wanted.. a
computer made by Foreigners stealing jobs away from what should be US
workers.And to top it off, Gateway lies to specific questions about country
of origins just to make a sale. I dont know if allof you are told to lie
such as this, but I do know that this Kevin should be fired (unless the
Company condones this) and the public needs to be made aware of these
practices.(which I will take care of)

Gateway <email.gateway@gateway.com> wrote:

*****************************
Hello Michael,

I apologize for this matter. I see that there is an issue about the
items assembled and made in Mexico. Please be informed that upon
accomplishing the order, there is an availability check for the items
needed to complete the order. If the items are not available from one
warehouse, we look the stocks of the other warehouse. If all parts are
available in a certain warehouse then the item will be assembled there
and we will just wait for the arrival of that item in order to ship to
you. Also, please be informed that even though it is assembled in other
warehouse, the parts we are using to complete the order are the same
because we are getting these items from the same supplier.

I have documented this correspondence under Activities in our contact
tracking database.

Please reply to this message if you require further assistance with this
issue.

Thank you.

Brenda
Badge GWPC022
Online Customer Support Team
Gateway

Rate me by going to the address I have provided below and clicking on
'Rate Your Support Agent'. There you will find a quick and easy survey.

http://support.gateway.com/support/contact/surveys.shtml

For future Technical Support needs like driver downloads, technical
documentation and support information, go to Gateway's eSupport site:
http://support.gateway.com

Information provided pursuant to Gateway's Terms of Sale and Limited
Warranty Agreement. All brands and names are trademarks of their
respective companies.

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

Kevin,

You are a liar!!!!! I just recieved my 7200xl today and both it and the
monitor clearly state "Asssembled in Mexico". I wish I could return
these but because I desparaely need to use them I am keeping them. To
me Assembled and Made in Mexico are the same thing. Your insinuations
are twisted and distorted. Either you lied on purpose or you are just
to dumb to know what you are talking about. I have bought many Gateway
Computers in the past but rest assured, because of your lies, it will be
my last.

PS I am sending this to a public forum on the Internet so everyone can
see the lies that Gateway is telling and two, I am sending it to Gateway
itself.

Gateway wrote:

*****************************
Hello Marie,

Thank you for using Gateway's Online E-mail Support. I understand that
your concern is about some information on where our computers are made.
I am glad to provide you the correct information on this matter. I
would like to inform you that our computers are not made in Mexico. We
have a Gateway office and warehouse in Mexico for customers for that
area but this does not mean that our computers are made in Mexico. Our
computers are being manufactured within the United States of America and
we do have several warehouses and service facility to accommodate our
customers needs. It is in my hope that the information that I have
provided is useful in any issues that you are having.

Please reply to this message if you require further assistance with this
issue.

Thank you.

Kevin
Badge GWPC032
Online Customer Support Team
Gateway

Rate me by going to the address I have provided below and clicking on
'Rate Your Support Agent'. There you will find a quick and easy survey.

http://support.gateway.com/support/contact/surveys.shtml

Global economy baby, no other way around it. Its the Walmart effect.

: ************************************************************************
: *****************************

: -------------------------

: Gateway wrote:

: ************************************************************************
: *****************************
[...]

Its bad enough the thing is made in Mexico, but the worse thing is this
Kevin blatently lied about the product. Either he is just stupid and
doesnt know what the hell he is talking about, or he is a blatent liar.
Seems this company will now do anything to make a sell. Including LIE!!

<kmy@hiwaay.net> wrote in message news:10ppcj23p729i87@corp.supernews.com...

> [...]
> : area but this does not mean that our computers are made in Mexico. Our
> : computers are being manufactured within the United States of America
> and
> : we do have several warehouses and service facility to accommodate our
> : customers needs. It is in my hope that the information that I have
> : provided is useful in any issues that you are having.
>
> : Please reply to this message if you require further assistance with
> this
> : issue.
>
> : Thank you.
>
> : Kevin
> : Badge GWPC032
> : Online Customer Support Team
> : Gateway
>
> : Rate me by going to the address I have provided below and clicking on
> : 'Rate Your Support Agent'. There you will find a quick and easy

Mab,

As an ex Gateway employee as of recently took a new position, I wanted
to inform you that the PC's are manufactured in Mexico and shipped to
distribution centers in the US. These distribution centers are run by
Ingram Micro, so Unfortunately the rep did lie to you. The good thing
though is you did get a good computer.

Ryan