del dell 5100 laptop

how good are these laptops. i have one with 15" screen.512 ram . 40gigs
true mobile 2300 802.11b/g wireless router. just got it before they
discontinued them. i had no idea at the time they were going to stop
makeing them.
thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about dell 5100 laptop

    drew wrote:
    > how good are these laptops. i have one with 15" screen.512 ram . 40gigs
    > true mobile 2300 802.11b/g wireless router. just got it before they
    > discontinued them. i had no idea at the time they were going to stop
    > makeing them.
    > thanks

    Same system except non-Dell wireless networking. Laptop?
    More like a desktop replacement with 2.8 GHz 533 MHz CPU.
    Excellent for the work it has to do when offsite.

    "drew" <drew43@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > how good are these laptops. i have one with 15" screen.512 ram . 40gigs
    > true mobile 2300 802.11b/g wireless router. just got it before they
    > discontinued them. i had no idea at the time they were going to stop
    > makeing them.
    > thanks

    Bought one in October, 2003. Runs like a charm. Same specs except for the
    wireless router. Is a bit heavy, but since I bought mine as a desktop
    replacement that was insignificant to me. The processor is a P4 desktop, so
    the fan will turn on every now and then. Other than that it was a good buy
    for me.

    --
    Roland
    Reply e-mail invalid to deter spam

    Keep the heatsinks clean (compressed air once a week) and they seem to run
    fine.
    If the heatsink gets dusty, they overheat -very- rapidly and start shutting
    down spontaneously.

    "drew" <drew43@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > how good are these laptops. i have one with 15" screen.512 ram . 40gigs
    > true mobile 2300 802.11b/g wireless router. just got it before they
    > discontinued them. i had no idea at the time they were going to stop
    > makeing them.
    > thanks

    thanks from all of you for the info. this is a fine newsgroup.

    On Fri, 07 May 2004 16:26:13 -0400, drew <drew43@adelphia.net> wrote:

    >how good are these laptops. i have one with 15" screen.512 ram . 40gigs
    > true mobile 2300 802.11b/g wireless router. just got it before they
    >discontinued them. i had no idea at the time they were going to stop
    >makeing them.
    > thanks

    Bought mine in February, has been flawless thus far. I use it
    wireless which has also been fine.

Dell Laptops Computers