del dell 5100 laptop

drew

how good are these laptops. i have one with 15" screen.512 ram . 40gigs
true mobile 2300 802.11b/g wireless router. just got it before they
discontinued them. i had no idea at the time they were going to stop
makeing them.
thanks

drew wrote:
> how good are these laptops. i have one with 15" screen.512 ram . 40gigs
> true mobile 2300 802.11b/g wireless router. just got it before they
> discontinued them. i had no idea at the time they were going to stop
> makeing them.
> thanks

Same system except non-Dell wireless networking. Laptop?
More like a desktop replacement with 2.8 GHz 533 MHz CPU.
Excellent for the work it has to do when offsite.

"drew" <drew43@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> how good are these laptops. i have one with 15" screen.512 ram . 40gigs
> true mobile 2300 802.11b/g wireless router. just got it before they
> discontinued them. i had no idea at the time they were going to stop
> makeing them.
> thanks

Bought one in October, 2003. Runs like a charm. Same specs except for the
wireless router. Is a bit heavy, but since I bought mine as a desktop
replacement that was insignificant to me. The processor is a P4 desktop, so
the fan will turn on every now and then. Other than that it was a good buy
for me.

--
Roland
Reply e-mail invalid to deter spam

Keep the heatsinks clean (compressed air once a week) and they seem to run
fine.
If the heatsink gets dusty, they overheat -very- rapidly and start shutting
down spontaneously.

"drew" <drew43@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> how good are these laptops. i have one with 15" screen.512 ram . 40gigs
> true mobile 2300 802.11b/g wireless router. just got it before they
> discontinued them. i had no idea at the time they were going to stop
> makeing them.
> thanks

drew

thanks from all of you for the info. this is a fine newsgroup.

Edward J. Neth wrote:

> Keep the heatsinks clean (compressed air once a week) and they seem to run
> fine.
> If the heatsink gets dusty, they overheat -very- rapidly and start shutting
> down spontaneously.
>

> "drew" <drew43@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>
>>how good are these laptops. i have one with 15" screen.512 ram . 40gigs
>> true mobile 2300 802.11b/g wireless router. just got it before they
>>discontinued them. i had no idea at the time they were going to stop
>>makeing them.
>> thanks

fox

On Fri, 07 May 2004 16:26:13 -0400, drew <drew43@adelphia.net> wrote:

>how good are these laptops. i have one with 15" screen.512 ram . 40gigs
> true mobile 2300 802.11b/g wireless router. just got it before they
>discontinued them. i had no idea at the time they were going to stop
>makeing them.
> thanks

Bought mine in February, has been flawless thus far. I use it
wireless which has also been fine.