Cannot Log into Windows XP laptop through safe mode

A friend of mine could not log in to her computer because she'd
forgotten the user name and password. I tried to log in through safe
mode by pressing F8 when the system boots, and selecting Safe Mode. I
come to a "Log On to Windows" screen and am asked for a user name and
password. I enter Adminstrator in the user name field and nothing in
the password field (also tried different combinations in these fields
such as 12345 for the password), anyway, I constantly get a screen that
says:
"The system could not log you on. Make user your User name and domain
are correct, then type your password again. ..."

What could a solution be?

Thanks in Advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot windows laptop safe mode

    icekold08 wrote:
    >A friend of mine could not log in to her computer because she'd
    > forgotten the user name and password. I tried to log in through safe
    > mode by pressing F8 when the system boots, and selecting Safe Mode. I
    > come to a "Log On to Windows" screen and am asked for a user name and
    > password. I enter Administrator in the user name field and nothing in
    > the password field (also tried different combinations in these fields
    > such as 12345 for the password), anyway, I constantly get a screen that
    > says:
    >
    > "The system could not log you on. Make user your User name and domain
    > are correct, then type your password again. ..."
    >
    > What could a solution be?

    Well - it's quite simple.. Use a username/password that works.
    Seriously.

    Try here:

    And if worse comes to worse:

    Hack your password: