Cannot Log into Windows XP laptop through safe mode

a b D Laptop
August 28, 2005 10:53:07 AM

A friend of mine could not log in to her computer because she'd
forgotten the user name and password. I tried to log in through safe
mode by pressing F8 when the system boots, and selecting Safe Mode. I
come to a "Log On to Windows" screen and am asked for a user name and
password. I enter Adminstrator in the user name field and nothing in
the password field (also tried different combinations in these fields
such as 12345 for the password), anyway, I constantly get a screen that
says:
"The system could not log you on. Make user your User name and domain
are correct, then type your password again. ..."

What could a solution be?

Thanks in Advance.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 28, 2005 1:02:53 PM

icekold08 wrote:
>A friend of mine could not log in to her computer because she'd
> forgotten the user name and password. I tried to log in through safe
> mode by pressing F8 when the system boots, and selecting Safe Mode. I
> come to a "Log On to Windows" screen and am asked for a user name and
> password. I enter Administrator in the user name field and nothing in
> the password field (also tried different combinations in these fields
> such as 12345 for the password), anyway, I constantly get a screen that
> says:
>
> "The system could not log you on. Make user your User name and domain
> are correct, then type your password again. ..."
>
> What could a solution be?

Well - it's quite simple.. Use a username/password that works.
Seriously.

Try here:

And if worse comes to worse:

Hack your password: