I reinstalled Win XP on a HP laptop. When I boot it asks me to select an
Operating System. there are two systems available, but both are MS Windows XP
Home. IF I press enter it will start normal, otherwise I would have to wait
25 seconds to have it done i=on it's own. Any ideas on how to have this
laptop boot normally. Thanks in advance.

Mike Busch wrote:
> I reinstalled Win XP on a HP laptop. When I boot it asks me to select
> an Operating System. there are two systems available, but both are MS
> Windows XP Home. IF I press enter it will start normal, otherwise I
> would have to wait 25 seconds to have it done i=on it's own. Any
> ideas on how to have this laptop boot normally. Thanks in advance.

Why did you repost/multipost your question?
Patience.
I answered your other post - here it is again.

Then you did not perform a clean installation.
You can - inside windows - do this:

Control Panel --> System --> Advanced tab --> Startup and Recovery
"Settings" button --> "Edit" button

Edit this file so that only the DEFAULT boot loader is left under the
OPERATING SYSTEMS section.
You can also change the timeout here.

--
Shenan Stanley