Status
Not open for further replies.

gh304210

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Newcomer

More Information

Any help would be very much appreciated,
Im haveing problems playing back sound through my phillips ambilight hdtv, I haven it connected to my pc through a hdmi lead with dvi converter on my pc (dvi only on graphics card)

that takes care of the video,
I have tried in vain to get the audio on my tv working using a 3.5mm jack to jack lead from pc audio jack (green one) to the "audio in" jack plug on my tv (i have then assigned the "audio in" connection to "hdmi 1" connection in my tv settings menu.

i have also tried jack - phono leads, tv firmware update, as mentioned above i assigned the audio in connector in the tv settings menu to correspond with the correct hdmi channel on my tv

the onboard soundcard outputs to desktop speakers fine, just no joy with the pc

thanks in advance

tv is Philips LCD TV 47PFL7603D / 10
pc is a custom build, asus p6x58d motherboard

cheers

gh304210

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
DriftingJoint 07-25-2011 at 11:15:02 AM
| BBCode

Newcomer

More Information

Pretty sure the easiest way to do this is using the (S/PDIF) port on your graphics card if it has one, or if you have a newer graphics card they usually has a mini-hdmi port, so you can purchase a mini hdmi-hdmi cable. That's what I use since getting dvi-hdmi to work with sound is a pain.

Also if you have surround sound for your tv and a soundcard for your pc you can use (S/PDIF).

Or you obtain a standard headphone jack adapter that converts the single out put to 2 Stereo RCA connectors, a red and White connector for Left and Right sound, then via an RCA Coaxial extension piece (dual connectors for stereo) if the TV is more than 3 to 6 feet away, then connect those connectors to the appropriate audio inputs on the TV if available, and you can pipe the stereo sound from the PC to the TV, while obtaining the Video from the DVI/HDMI connection.

And if all else fails, plug pc speakers into your computer and have sound through them while having video through your T.V.

Reply to DriftingJoint Add to the list of quoted messages Select as best answer

gh304210 07-26-2011 at 10:21:25 PM
| BBCode

Newcomer

More Information

TAhanks for the info,
i dont have an s/dif on my graphics card, i do have one on my mobo,

i have a jack to red/white phonos - no joy with this either i will try and get hold of a spdif cable, what connection would i need for the tv end of the cable as there is no spdif in on the tv just spdif out?

thanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.