Sign in with
Your question

Is my tv dying?

Last response: in Home Theatre
May 30, 2012 3:11:45 AM

hello

i have a lot of problems with my vizio 26 inch tv. i use it as my computer monitor. it all started with the orange vizio light on the front. about 2 months ago it started going dim when i turned it on. its orange when the tv isnt on and its a very bright white when on. when i turn it on the light lights up then quickly(2-3 seconds) dies out completely. and within the last month the orange light is barely on.

another problem that just came up is when i wake my computer up from sleep the tv is extremely dark. after about a minute it goes back to normal. also just today it started doing this thing where i turn my computer on and my tv and its on but no display. or its a weird pink box in the corner. i have to unplug it and plug it back in to turn it on.

does anyone have similar problems or know whats happening?

More about : dying

June 1, 2012 2:03:56 AM

schecterplayer said:
hello

i have a lot of problems with my vizio 26 inch tv. i use it as my computer monitor. it all started with the orange vizio light on the front. about 2 months ago it started going dim when i turned it on. its orange when the tv isnt on and its a very bright white when on. when i turn it on the light lights up then quickly(2-3 seconds) dies out completely. and within the last month the orange light is barely on.

another problem that just came up is when i wake my computer up from sleep the tv is extremely dark. after about a minute it goes back to normal. also just today it started doing this thing where i turn my computer on and my tv and its on but no display. or its a weird pink box in the corner. i have to unplug it and plug it back in to turn it on.

does anyone have similar problems or know whats happening?

I've seen that happen on large plasmas and some monitors. There would be an annoying colored bar giving you a false pixel malfunction reading. Try hitting the top or side of the TV, not too hard though. If it doesn't go away, you need a new TV.
m
l
!