Intel trying to beat Athlon64 with just cache lol.

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Intel and there Dumb Ideas. http://www.anandtech.com/IT/showdoc.html?i=1870

Ok We seen the xeon with this tomshardware and its Poor score. Thing is Cache is only part of the cpu. If this Only way Intel going to help. They Need to redo this.

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20030811/index.html

I bet what they did was this Seen Athlon64 score Right then and then redid 3.2ghz chip with more Cache to try to be faster.

And Fact is the 32 bit war vers 64 bit war. Ok Someone had to step in to start 64 bit. Yes it might take a few years to run 100% But even the SSE and stuff took time to run. Intel Pissed becuse they did not start it. Woopie

And one fact is when 16 bit went to 32 bit. well really There was no software. But no one really wanted to change. But now Look Linux and such And we can Run Dual OS. So running 32 bit or 64 bit Now is No biggie. So saying there No software Wrong.

So everyone be glad Amd step in and did 64bit x86. And the fact would be is this Intel saying No we dont need 64 bit Now. That sounds Dumb. Very Low tech. We would of been with 32 bit for the next ten years. I rather be getting into it now. and have it be setup asap. For it going to take a while. So people who think 64bit wrong. Well Stay in your 32 bit programs.

Pirox

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2003
*Delete this post*

---
If you go to work and your name is on the door, you're rich. If your name is on your desk, you're middle class. If your name is on your shirt, you're poor!
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by pirox on 09/18/03 05:07 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Pirox

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2003
If you will buy a p4 cpu as from 23rd of september till the last line of presscott cpu's or maybe tejas...you cannot run anything but 32-bits. Funny because if an average joe goes to a store and gets himself a P4-EE he then finds out after a year that he cannot run WIN64. It will state:

* Amd CPU class only * and not * Intel CPU class only *. What you can take note of is this: The times are changing.

---
If you go to work and your name is on the door, you're rich. If your name is on your desk, you're middle class. If your name is on your shirt, you're poor!

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well Play in 32 bit. Intel just too lazy. What I m saying is this Faster 64 bit comes out. Faster we will have it. When Intel says we are not ready They are Dumb. Or they dont have the tech for 64bit/32bit. I rather have someone force them go into 64bit/32bit. Then stay in 32bit for 10 years and have lame Apple beat us.

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Intel trying to beat Athlon64 with just cache lol.
No, Intel is not trying to beat A64 with just cache. They will use Scotty to beat A64; P4EE is just a little spoiler for now.

Besides, Intel has next-gen chipsets in the making for DDR-II-400/533 dual-channel memory and an 1066Mhz FSB. Prescott is an improved core, and there are rumors that it could contain 64-bit extensions of its own. (remember HT wasn't announced until the 3.06Ghz? ever heard of Yamhill?). So Intel is not completely devoid of its weapons either.

Anyway, Amd's extensions have to be recognized as progress too. I do hope that Intel is forced to activate their own 64-bit extensions on desktop CPUs sometime in the near future; I just hope the average user gets a better processor from whatever company that is able to deliver.

:evil: <font color=red><b>M</b></font color=red>ephistopheles

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
P4 HTEE is like a prescott wannabe. You know what this means. The old canterwood/Sprindale won't support prescott so Intel make the EEs for the people who wants a prescott but can't

at least that's what i think

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
The old canterwood/Sprindale won't support prescott so Intel make the EEs for the people who wants a prescott but can't
Erm, I don't really think that none of the current mobos support Prescott. If I'm not mistaken, Intel has just recently updated their "prescott supported" list of mobos and added some more. So I don't think that will really be an issue, but we'll see that soon enough...

:evil: <font color=red><b>M</b></font color=red>ephistopheles