Hi All
When backing up all data on a harddrive would a virus/worm etc. if any, also
be backed up or would the "critters" automatically be eliminated.
Thanks for any helpful info.

Franktee wrote:

> Hi All
> When backing up all data on a harddrive would a virus/worm etc. if
> any, also be backed up or would the "critters" automatically be
> eliminated.
> Thanks for any helpful info.

No, nothing will automatically be eliminated. If there is malware in any
files you back up, it will also be in the backup.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:29:09 -0700, "Franktee"
<Franktee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi All
>When backing up all data on a harddrive would a virus/worm etc. if any, also
>be backed up or would the "critters" automatically be eliminated.
>Thanks for any helpful info.

Backup programs back up _everything_. As far as I know there's no
software that simultaneously cleans and backs up.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."

If the data you're backing up has a 'bug' in it....it will also be copied;
that is unless you do a full virus scan prior to backing up.

"Franktee" <Franktee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi All
When backing up all data on a harddrive would a virus/worm etc. if any, also
be backed up or would the "critters" automatically be eliminated.
Thanks for any helpful info.

TRENDING THREADS