News: Trough Assemblies

Well gang the trough assembly has passed final testing. Works like a champ
!
New troughs with rail system and snap in place protection for balls falling
out while working on the game. Very slick !!

So they will start manufacturing next week !

A-16809-2
01-11587 (included)

Games that use this trough :

Shadow, Attack From Mars, No Fear, Revenge From Mars, Theatre Of Magic
Johnny Mnemonic, Indiana Jones, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Star Trek the
Next Generation
Monster Bash, Champion Pub, World Cup Soccer, Demo Man, Congo, Corvette,
Cirqus Voltaire
Jackbot, Flintstones, Indy 500, Judge Dredd, Junkyard, NBA Fastbreak, No
Good Gophers,
Roadshow, Who Dunnit, Medieval Madness . . . I may have missed a few but
most are here . . .

Does anyone know why they used a different configuration for the standoff
electronic opto board? How many configurations are there ? I know STTNG is
different in the hole locations compared to AFM. Anyone know why this is ??
Any help here appreciated ! Most of these look like AFM.

How does Williams / Bally call the same part number when the standoffs are
different ??
I can verify AFM, MM, Champion Pub, Shadow are all the same identical. Can
anyone with one of these 4 games compare the screw hole locations on the
attached opto boards with other games on this list and let me know whether
they are the same or different. You guys would be doing me a favor. Post
the results here.

--
Kerry Stair

Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"

Great news indeed, Kerry! I made one once that was similar to the p2k
type but having one you can just buy is awesome. Sorry I can't help on
the standoff differences though.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

There are two board sets used for the opto troughs. IJ, Demo Man,
Dredd and TNG use a board with comparators on the receiver side, and
the later boards do not. The boards are not interchangable, but the
trough itself seems to be. I accidentally installed a later trough in
a Demo man. Fit fine until I tried to plug in the wiring harness.
:-( I had to buy a brand new baord set from Marco for $100 to get the
game up and running.

K2

Not for Scared Stiff, Dr. Who, Twilight Zone, or Addams?

"Kerry Stair" <info@mantisamusements.com> wrote in message
> Well gang the trough assembly has passed final testing. Works like a
> champ !
> New troughs with rail system and snap in place protection for balls
> falling out while working on the game. Very slick !!
>
> So they will start manufacturing next week !
>
> A-16809-2
> 01-11587 (included)
>
> Games that use this trough :
>
> Shadow, Attack From Mars, No Fear, Revenge From Mars, Theatre Of Magic
> Johnny Mnemonic, Indiana Jones, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Star Trek the
> Next Generation
> Monster Bash, Champion Pub, World Cup Soccer, Demo Man, Congo, Corvette,
> Cirqus Voltaire
> Jackbot, Flintstones, Indy 500, Judge Dredd, Junkyard, NBA Fastbreak, No
> Good Gophers,
> Roadshow, Who Dunnit, Medieval Madness . . . I may have missed a few but
> most are here . . .
>
> Does anyone know why they used a different configuration for the standoff
> electronic opto board? How many configurations are there ? I know STTNG
> is different in the hole locations compared to AFM. Anyone know why this
> is ?? Any help here appreciated ! Most of these look like AFM.
>
> How does Williams / Bally call the same part number when the standoffs are
> different ??
> I can verify AFM, MM, Champion Pub, Shadow are all the same identical.
> Can anyone with one of these 4 games compare the screw hole locations on
> the attached opto boards with other games on this list and let me know
> whether they are the same or different. You guys would be doing me a
> favor. Post the results here.
>

> --
> Kerry Stair
>
> Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"

Open the manuals for those games and check if that part number is used . . .
In my manuals it wasn't :)