Weird Panel on the Desktop

August 28, 2005 1:29:01 PM

I now have a panel on my desktop that has a Folder Tasks, Other Places, and
Details dropdown windows in it. In the Folder Task it has Rename This Item,
Move This Item, Copy This Item, and Delete This Item. In the Other Places is
My Documents, Shared documents, My Network Places. In the Details, it just
shows whats open on the desktop.

My question is how to get rid of this intrusion? I've looked all thru my
settings in XP, but nothing looks like the problem or has changed the panel.

Terry

More about : weird panel desktop

August 28, 2005 3:45:25 PM

Terry Swift wrote:

> I now have a panel on my desktop that has a Folder Tasks, Other
> Places, and Details dropdown windows in it. In the Folder Task it has
> Rename This Item,
> Move This Item, Copy This Item, and Delete This Item. In the Other
> Places is
> My Documents, Shared documents, My Network Places. In the Details, it
> just shows whats open on the desktop.
>
> My question is how to get rid of this intrusion? I've looked all thru
> my settings in XP, but nothing looks like the problem or has changed
> the panel.
>
> Terry

Run the edit on MVP Kelly Theriot's site, line 15, " Remove Common Tasks
from the Desktop" at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell