Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Recently when I ran Belarc Advisor I found the 25 digit key code for Windows
Xp. When I compared it to the key code on the label of the tower that came
with the PC they were different.

Which is the correct key code to use if I ever have to reinstall Windows XP?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Phil

--
"I LET MY MIND WANDER AND IT NEVER CAME BACK"

Phil wrote:
> Recently when I ran Belarc Advisor I found the 25 digit key code for Windows
> Xp. When I compared it to the key code on the label of the tower that came
> with the PC they were different.
>
> Which is the correct key code to use if I ever have to reinstall Windows XP?
>
> Any help appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Phil

The one on the tower itself. You won't need it if you do a clean
install - the CD will simply check the BIOS for the Dell string and
install without needing a code.

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Thanks for the info and your quick response.

Phil