Using XP...No recent changes other than avast cleanups and defrag, scan. Now
I get two messages on startup. "dll missing" and "msg missing" Doesn't state
which dll.

Any help?

Dean

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

deloid wrote:

> Using XP...No recent changes other than avast cleanups and defrag, scan. Now
> I get two messages on startup. "dll missing" and "msg missing" Doesn't state
> which dll.
>
> Any help?
>
> Dean

Another option is do some clan boot troubleshooting:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

btw don't post with your real email address. Bots harvest this
information for spam use.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Hi Dean

If you don't which .DLL file is missing, try the following command from
Start>Run

sfc /scannow

to check that all the system files are still intact. You need to have your
XP CD to hand.

--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

> Hi Dean
>
> If you don't which .DLL file is missing, try the following command from
> Start>Run
>
> sfc /scannow

Tried that just now. Didn't fix the problem. Also...the window states "dll
not found" "other window "msg not found".....not "missing as I previously
stated. This is on startup only.

Dean

>> Hi Dean
>>
>> If you don't which .DLL file is missing, try the following command from
>> Start>Run
>>
>> sfc /scannow
>>

> Tried that just now. Didn't fix the problem. Also...the window states "dll
> not found" "other window "msg not found".....not "missing as I previously
> stated. This is on startup only.
>
> Dean

Hi

Is there any reference to the file in msconfig>startup? If so, uncheck it
and reboot your system. Without knowing the name of the .DLL file or the
program that calls it, a solution may be difficult.