HP Jetdirect 620N in HP-LJ 2100m

Hi everybody!

I am currently trying to get a Jetdirect 620N card working in my old
Hp-LJ 2100m printer, which should be compatible to the card, as far as
the HP customer service is concerned.
However, after inserting the card, the status sheet still says "EIO slot
EMPTY". I tried the same card in an HP-LJ 2200 printer, where it was
working instantly.
Has anyone encountered that problem before or does anyone have a clue,
what I am doing wrong? How can I get the card working?
Thanks for any advice whatsoever!

Mat

henry

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

Mathias Brandt <mcbrandt@gmx.de> wrote:

> I am currently trying to get a Jetdirect 620N card working in my old
> Hp-LJ 2100m printer, which should be compatible to the card, as far as
> the HP customer service is concerned.
> However, after inserting the card, the status sheet still says "EIO slot
> EMPTY". I tried the same card in an HP-LJ 2200 printer, where it was
> working instantly.
> Has anyone encountered that problem before or does anyone have a clue,
> what I am doing wrong? How can I get the card working?
> Thanks for any advice whatsoever!

Sorry, I don't have any advice for you--just a bit of information.

I also have a 2100M. About three years ago I added an internal
JetDirect. At that time it was called the 600n and there were several
flavours; the one I got is the J3113A, which has an rj-45 for 10/100 bT.
It has worked fine since the day I put it in.

Hei--I just thought of something. I had previously installed more RAM in
that printer, taking it to 24meg. Maybe that's a factor? How much do you
have?

cheers,

Henry

Hi Henry!

Many thanks for your suggestion. My printer has only 8 MB memory,
perhaps that is getting me somewhere. In the meantime I have ordered a
cheap 600N card to perform something like a positive test to rule out
the card as the item of concern.
I will post a reply if I have any news by the end of the week.
So far all the best from

Mat