Problems HELP!!!

Tags:
  • Windows XP
August 28, 2005 8:24:50 PM

I have no clue about computers and am desperate. Recently my computer
started coming up with "The page cannot be displayed" or "We can't find
"google.com" (when I searched for google as an example), nearly every
single time and I have to hit reload 3 or four times before the page
will finally come up. This happens in IE and NS, and before Friday
(two days ago) this never happened. And when I finally do get a search
done and clickon one of the webpages to look at the information, I will
get something similar to address not found or no such address check to
address to make sure it is correct and try again.

I have gone through all the:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is
spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click
Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings
should match those provided by your local area network (LAN)
administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can
set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically
discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has
enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.

Instructions and nothing helped. I have also done the Norton scan,
which it does automatically every night when Im in bed anyways. And yes
I have updated the version with the newest updates available. I am at a
loss as to whats going on.

Can anyone help, this is getting frustrating. This doesn't happen when
I try to go to a chatsite, or a messageboard, only when I go to a search
engine or my email, and as I said, I only have two types or browsers, IE
and NS and it happens on both.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

--
saralyn

More about : problems

August 28, 2005 8:24:51 PM

saralyn wrote:

> I have no clue about computers and am desperate. Recently my computer
> started coming up with "The page cannot be displayed" or "We can't
> find
> "google.com" (when I searched for google as an example), nearly every
> single time and I have to hit reload 3 or four times before the page
> will finally come up. This happens in IE and NS, and before Friday
> (two days ago) this never happened. And when I finally do get a
> search done and clickon one of the webpages to look at the
> information, I will get something similar to address not found or no
> such address check to address to make sure it is correct and try
> again.
>
> I have gone through all the:
>
> If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is
> spelled correctly.
>
> To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then
(snippage)

> Instructions and nothing helped. I have also done the Norton scan,
> which it does automatically every night when Im in bed anyways. And
> yes I have updated the version with the newest updates available. I am
> at a loss as to whats going on.
>
> Can anyone help, this is getting frustrating. This doesn't happen
> when I try to go to a chatsite, or a messageboard, only when I go to a
> search engine or my email, and as I said, I only have two types or
> browsers, IE and NS and it happens on both.

It sounds like your browsers have been hijacked by malware. Norton would
not take care of this. Go through these malware removal steps
systematically, doing everything in Safe Mode with updated tools. Since
you can't get to the Internet, you'll need to get the tools/updates
from a different, known-clean machine with Internet access. Either burn
the files you download to a cd-r or transfer them with a usb
thumbdrive.

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing...

Malke
--