How do I save all the windows updates

How do I save all the windows updates I have downloaded, save me from doing
it again if I need to reinstall? Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about save windows updates

    David Duffield wrote:
    > How do I save all the windows updates I have downloaded, save me from
    > doing it again if I need to reinstall? Thanks

    You'll have to download them individually and save them. The ones you
    install using AU are not stored in a useable manner for you to backup.

    Direct Download of Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows XP
    http://snipurl.com/8bqy

    Order the Free Windows XP SP2 CD
    http://snipurl.com/8umo

    You can download all updates and burn them to CD..

    You can download each update manually - based off the KB Article number,
    etc. That way you can back it up/burn a CD of them in case you need them or
    use them to keep a slipstream/integrated (updated) Windows XP CD.

    How to use the Windows Update Catalog
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323166
    (In order to use the Windows Update Catalog, you must use IE to get the
    patches..)

    Windows Update Catalog
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp
    (In order to use the Windows Update Catalog, you must use IE to get the
    patches..)

    Creating an Integrated Installation
    http://snipurl.com/el43

    Integrate software updates into your Windows installation source files
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828930

    Really customize your CD..
    http://unattended.msfn.org/

    Produce an up-to-date XP Distibution CD
    http://xpcreate.com/

    You can see the critical (security and other) patches released for a given
    month using the following:

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms##-***.mspx

    At the end of this line you see "ms##-***.mspx" .. If you simply replace ##
    with the two-digit year and the *** with the three character month
    abbreviation, you will see the list of "critical" and "important" patches
    for that month (since it only happens once a month usually, if you check by
    the second Tuesday (wait until afternoon) of each month - you should be
    fine) - note that future months will not work.

    As an example...

    December 2004's patches..
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-dec.mspx

    March 2005's patches..
    None released.. so that one will fail...

    May 2005's patches..
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms05-may.mspx

    July 2005's patches..
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms05-jul.mspx

    Once you get on the page with each month's list of patches.. You can go to
    the related KB articles and grab the appropriate files from there.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Autopatcher is updated monthly with all updates Very convenient, easy to use.
    It recognises which updates are already installed and gives info on each
    update including link to MS article. Free

    http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=334257

    "David Duffield" wrote:

    > How do I save all the windows updates I have downloaded, save me from doing
    > it again if I need to reinstall? Thanks

Microsoft Windows XP