memory reported incorrectly in windows xp professional

I have 4gb of ram installed, the motherboard test and recognizes and reports
it at startup. however, windows xp only show 3gb. is there a fix for this
or a way for windows xp pro to recognize it? Any help is appreciated
tommysart@verizon.net

The "missing memory" may be in use by your
onboard video and other items. See your system
documentation.

tomsblue wrote:
> I have 4gb of ram installed, the motherboard test and recognizes and reports
> it at startup. however, windows xp only show 3gb. is there a fix for this
> or a way for windows xp pro to recognize it? Any help is appreciated
> tommysart@verizon.net

Do you not have Service Pack 2 installed?

The System tool and Task Manager do not display 4 GB of RAM in Windows
Server 2003 and in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888855

--

Bruce Chambers