MN-700 MAC Filter not working...

Greetings all,

I have the MN700 router, and set up the security as follows;
No broadcast ssid, changed the channel it operates on, no
wep or wap passwords, but enabled the MAC filter. It was
working perfectly. Then I had to reboot the router as the
internet stopped working through the router. Hit the reset
button, and had to re-input all the configuration settings
on the router again... No problem. It was simple enough.
BUT, whenever I applied the the MAC filter rules to DENY
any address not in my MAC address table, it just dropped
the network to my wireless PC's. I have no idea why. I
checked and rechecked the MAC address and they were input
correctly. I updated the firmware, and it still doesn't
work. Any help would be appreciated. And before anyone
suggests, I WANT MAC filtering enabled.

joker

First off start by enabling the SSID broadcast as every packet sent from
both the router & wireless clients broadcasts that information without
any encryption.

Next you will want more security then just a MAC filter because there
are packet sniffers that can listen for the various MAC addresses in use
& they can then spoof your MAC address.

Make sure you have set both "connection control" & "association control"
to "deny unspecified MAC addresses".

Then make sure all of your MAC addresses have the box checked for "Allow
Connection" & "Allow Association" (this way wireless clients can talk to
wired ones & the other way around).

Next enable some kind of security either WEP or WPA to help secure your
wireless network further.

Just remember if someone comes with net stumbler they will still know
you have a wireless network even if you have enable encryption, WPA or
WEP, changed the channel, & disabled the broadcast of the SSID.

Also if your router stops responding I suggest trying a power cycle
first as that doesn't affect it's settings unlike a factory reset like
you did.

Sender wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I have the MN700 router, and set up the security as follows;
> No broadcast ssid, changed the channel it operates on, no
> wep or wap passwords, but enabled the MAC filter. It was
> working perfectly. Then I had to reboot the router as the
> internet stopped working through the router. Hit the reset
> button, and had to re-input all the configuration settings
> on the router again... No problem. It was simple enough.
> BUT, whenever I applied the the MAC filter rules to DENY
> any address not in my MAC address table, it just dropped
> the network to my wireless PC's. I have no idea why. I
> checked and rechecked the MAC address and they were input
> correctly. I updated the firmware, and it still doesn't
> work. Any help would be appreciated. And before anyone
> suggests, I WANT MAC filtering enabled.

I will try all those steps tonight. Thanks for the tips too...