Picture sd card will not open on my computer

Hello,
I've never had this problem before, but when I insert the sd card from my camera into the computer nothing happens. It doesn't even give me an option to open. Please help
4 answers Last reply
More about picture card open computer
  1. Is it showing up in My Computer?
  2. No, it is not showing up on "my computer". Thanks
  3. You could have a physical problem with the card. This recently happened to me, the card stopped working on vacation. I couldn't use any software to recover my photos as the card wasn't being recognized by any card reader. Eventually I found out that it was a physical problem with the controller inside the card. The only way to solve the issue is to access the memory chip inside the card manually. I managed to recover my photos using the following company: http://card-recovery.biz/us/service.php

They explain the process and the rates are reasonable in comparison to some of the very big data recovery companies....
  4. buwish said:
    Is it showing up in My Computer?

I have a similar problem. My card does show up in MY COMPUTER but does not open on its own. I put a cd with photos on it in the drive and they did not open either. I could open them through MY COMPUTER but its a pain to get them moved over to MY PICTURES. Is that just a setting problem?
Ask a new question

Read More

SD Card Computer Cameras Laptops