Fromat or delete

deathseeker

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
i have moved my os onto my ssd and was wondering if its better to format my hdd or just to delete the files manually
thanks in advance

Solution
Go to disk management, right click on computer and select manage then in the next window select disk management and in the next window you will see all the drives that are connected to your computer. Right click on the old hard drive and select delete partition, that will make the hard drive a raw status and you can now create a new partition and format it and give it a drive letter and it's done.
Go to disk management, right click on computer and select manage then in the next window select disk management and in the next window you will see all the drives that are connected to your computer. Right click on the old hard drive and select delete partition, that will make the hard drive a raw status and you can now create a new partition and format it and give it a drive letter and it's done.

Solution

deathseeker

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
that where i was trying it from

capturezyp.png

im trying to fromat d drive

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
Could be wrong. But i believe where your running into an issue is it's a *system* partition. So it's not allowing you to format from there trying to prevent you from messing up an os. Unplug your ssd. (as to not accidentally format it) Boot to your windows disk format the drive and be done :) (prolly be a good idea to unplug your other drivers u have on there too so you make sure u get the right one.)

That OR could be that you need to be opening computer management as an administrator.

Hope it helps. But inzone was correct that's the best / easiest way to go about it.

deathseeker

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
thanks for your input guys but i fixed it my hdd was still disk 0 when i swapped the plugs around and made the ssd disk 0 it made it the system drive and i was able to delete the old partition and make a new one