Sign in with
Your question

Prescott delayed as i predicted

Last response: in CPUs
September 21, 2003 12:56:22 AM

with the release of the P4 EE

there is no doubt that i was right all along banned or not..

PRESCOTT IS DELAYED

now that is now fact...we can move on to other discussions
September 21, 2003 5:07:17 AM

Poor Pope.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>Are you ugly and looking into showing your mug? Then the THGC Album is the right place for you!</b></font color=blue></A>
September 21, 2003 5:23:00 AM

show me a link to a news release
or stop posting bullsh!t

"PRESCOTT IS DELAYED"
says who?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 21, 2003 5:30:01 AM

said poppy~~

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF
September 21, 2003 5:31:04 AM

Where's your usual welcome post screaming happily at the returner and how we thought he was dead?

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>Are you ugly and looking into showing your mug? Then the THGC Album is the right place for you!</b></font color=blue></A>
September 21, 2003 6:50:26 AM

Actually, I think that he may have a point there. I have no facts, that's for sure, so I am just only expressing my personal opinion here.

If Prescott is released as scheduled, sometime in October/November, then what's the point from Intel to release the P4 EE now? Does losing the performance crown for a couple of months really bothers them this much? And we are not even sure who's gonna win, Athlon FX or P4 EE. If there is nothing wrong with Prescott, then it would be far more sensible to ignore AMD and continue as planned, releasing their own beast, which will easily beat any Athlon 64 (if all the info about Prescott is valid, e.g. 20% faster than Northwood, clock to clock).
September 21, 2003 8:09:06 AM

<<show me a link to a news release
or stop posting bullsh!t>>>

so common sense is bull to you

why would INTEL re-badge a xeon and call it the p4 EE if prescott was rolling along as planned?

prescott is pushed back... just accept or keep your head in the sand... makes me no difference
September 21, 2003 8:30:57 AM

you post it as fact, be resonable, presscot COULD be delayed, but on the other hand intel could have had this idea 10 months ago when it had no clue when amd64 was going to be released, and knowing the limitations of northwood planned somthing else to release in the meantime,
if you made a post like "pentium EE evidence of prescotts being delayed" and then actually wrote something I would be less inclined to argue with you. but a simple PRESCOTT IS DELAYED comment is bullsh!t, the idea behind it might not be but the comment is. a little bit of though and time working on your communication skills would be a good investment for you
September 21, 2003 9:08:37 AM

POPPY UR BACK! PEOPLE SAY UR DEAD! U LOOK GOOOD

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF
September 21, 2003 2:08:46 PM

this is getting tiresome.... *yawn*

Intel has not delayed anything officially. Everything is set for a 4th quarter launch, as far as we know. Besides, P4EE will be reviewed against the A64 right from the start - and I think that's the point. Prescott review samples aren't really out yet. Just a spoiler, then.

:evil:  <font color=red><b>M</b></font color=red>ephistopheles
September 21, 2003 2:19:45 PM

Quote:
show me a link to a news release
or stop posting bullsh!t

"PRESCOTT IS DELAYED"
says who?

Says the... almighty <i><b>POPEGOLDX</b></i>, the crazed forum troll! He is incapable of proving anything he says! And he can't keep from using CAPS LOCK!!! And he's back! And he didn't change!

Oh no...

:evil:  <font color=red><b>M</b></font color=red>ephistopheles
September 21, 2003 5:26:54 PM

OMFG!!!! Did you get banned?????

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!
September 21, 2003 6:08:30 PM

yes i was banned

enuff people wined and cried about how terrible i was ...and fredi aka SS FORUM TROOPER banned me

come over to webvelosix.com if you want a forum where free speech is not censored.
September 21, 2003 6:48:01 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am VERY dissapointed that they banned you. It probably wouldn't have happened 30 dozen of your threads weren't bumped up for no good reason. You weren't even responsible for that. And what about the Dungeon Forum idea?

Give PopeGoldX his usertitle and post count back <b><font color=red>Fredi</b></font color=red>

I outta make that statement my sig. :evil: 

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!
September 21, 2003 6:49:49 PM

You can sign up as "Popegoldx_" rather than "Popegoldx" if you have to. It will look exactly the same because the names are underlined anyways.

September 21, 2003 8:54:28 PM

yeah i got my threads bumped then the resident forum whiners... all begged fredi to ban me...

its really sd

i would never call for anyone to be banned unless they were spamming the forum or active-x hacking or something of that nature

just because i dont think INTEL is the greatest .. i got banned

pure and simple censorship
September 21, 2003 9:06:08 PM

If this forum isn't free speech to you, then leave, by all means, go to your lovely website and forum, hug it and free speech your arse there!

--
September 21, 2003 10:07:07 PM

I realize that he caused some probs before, but he was getting to behave alot better day by day. In fact just about everyone was calmed down about Popegoldx until his threads got bumped. Pope didn't even bump them. Many of the threads that were bumped had died weeks ago and even Pope himself had not really thought about them. I could have missed something though if this wasn't the real ignition for bumping Pope. But to me, it appeared that it was the thread bumping that turned on the "take drastic action against Popegoldx" deal. I wonder why Fredi didn't go for the Forum Dungeon deal. Seriously though, I can think of some individuals here that prefer to demonsrate far less tact than Pope lately. I don't want to name these individuals because I don't like to hurt anyone's feelings and I have already spoken to them on the matter.

To Pope:
Even though you got banned, I would try to keep cool like you were and not resort back to namecalling like you used to do. It's not that hard to earn back the "enthusiast" title, only 200 posts.

September 22, 2003 1:39:14 AM

Well speaking from a SANE and LOGICAL perspective if they did delay prescott it owuld be a good thing.

Allthough the word "delay" implies that a defiante date has been set. which it hasnt.

More time means they get to revise the core to make it faster and cooler, so the first prescotts dont use the 100W "tbredA-ish" stepping.

<b>I am not a AMD fanboy.
I am not a Via fanboy.
I am not a ATI fanboy.
I AM a performance fanboy.
And a low price fanboy. :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>
September 22, 2003 12:39:53 PM

Did anybody even read the IDF report? Prescott and the 90nm process is definitive, they demonstrated a slide for how 90nm is now producing high yeilds!

--
September 22, 2003 12:52:23 PM

I doubt he got banned for that. I could be wrong, but I don't care. At least his annoying redundant purpose threads stopped. I mean damn, who cares about hearing PRESCOTT DELAYED over and over. This forum talks about different aspects of one topic, not the same damn thing. If I were Fredi I'd have done with Pope a long time ago. But we gave him chances to have a little bit of mentality, as we are open-minded. But enough is enough. If he's gonna act the same as always, after a month, guaranteed many will be tired.

I had my say on this, and I'm getting tired of discussing it and trying to reason.

--
September 22, 2003 1:03:16 PM

Yeah, I know it was REALLY frustrating at times. Just about every thrread that had "PRESSHOTT" or "90nm" or "delayed" was just another Pope thread, no one didn't even have to look at the name of the poster to know it was a Pope thread, just by the content of the thread's title.

September 22, 2003 1:50:40 PM

Yeah well, there's your answer. Redundancy SUCKS. At least people like Meltdown knew how to entertain, each time he had something new. Even a museum of macabre demonstrating horrors of the Athlons. It was hilarious, granted we got angry at him, back in the AMD fanboy days. Damn Pope's got nothing on him.

If he wants to troll, at least put some effort into it. His trolling is ban-worthy compared to Meltdown.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>Are you ugly and looking into showing your mug? Then the THGC Album is the right place for you!</b></font color=blue></A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 09/22/03 09:54 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
September 22, 2003 2:00:38 PM

your a drag and i dont like u
September 22, 2003 2:03:12 PM

Ah yes, fond memories of Meltdown for sure. The ole forum rocked & rolled back then. I like it better now in some ways.

The trouble is a lot of good people, people that I respected, left for good & haven't came back. I miss FatBurger for one. That's not to say Melty ran him off. There's been dozens of good people come & go I guess since I've been on. To bad really. :frown:

Dazzle them with Brilliance, or Baffle them with BS! :wink:
September 22, 2003 2:03:39 PM

Plz don't call Eden names.

September 22, 2003 3:21:30 PM

AHAHAHA ....... right because companies dont lie, fabricate evidence, or stretch the the truth beyond or reasonable boundaries of logic to improve their market position or cast a better light on their product. Sorry I dont mean to cast judgement on whether the Prescott is to be delayed, Ill leave the speculation to others, but to take intel's word that they said it was true so it must be is a little naive.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win your still retarded!
September 22, 2003 3:44:11 PM

When a company states that at big conventions like IDF, you sure as heck better damn have a true statement man. If it were on Inquirer, I'd likely doubt it or give it the grain of salt it should, but at IDF? I think I'll believe that more than Inq for now.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>Are you ugly and looking into showing your mug? Then the THGC Album is the right place for you!</b></font color=blue></A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 09/22/03 11:44 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
September 22, 2003 5:12:19 PM

> come over to webvelosix.com if you want a forum
> where free speech is not censored.

better yet why don't you go back there and leave us alone?

Shadus
September 22, 2003 5:16:09 PM

Intel isn't generally real far off on hitting their release dates. (There have been a few noteable exceptions) AMD is the one who never hits release :p 

Shadus
September 22, 2003 6:05:42 PM

Damn right, if he likes it over there, why not just go there. Supposedly free speech here is perfect in his eyes and Fredi is destroying it.

--
September 22, 2003 7:41:24 PM

Did you think he would change?
September 22, 2003 7:45:03 PM

Didn't he leave on his own? At least that's what he said.
September 22, 2003 9:46:20 PM

Quote:
Didn't he leave on his own? At least that's what he said.

He also said that he was banned. So either way he's a liar because you can't leave of your own accord <i>and</i> be banned simultaneously. :\

<pre><A HREF="http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20030905" target="_new"><font color=black>People don't understand how hard being a dark god can be. - Hastur</font color=black></A></pre><p>
September 22, 2003 11:41:19 PM

High yield yes, but also high heat output.
I thought they were trying to cut that back a little...

<b>I am not a AMD fanboy.
I am not a Via fanboy.
I am not a ATI fanboy.
I AM a performance fanboy.
And a low price fanboy. :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>
September 23, 2003 1:07:47 AM

With out a doubt, I treat anything from inquirer with scheptisms, and no one is debating whether amd or intel is better at meeting its release dates as we all know the answer to that. Im just stating that leading into the launch of a new chip of course intel is going to be saying things are rosie and talking the yields and heat dissipation up.... errr or down depending which is better. The prescott may well be realeased somewhere close to target but I doubt in any great numbers, in any case this doesnt appear to be a major problem for intel who seem to be quite happy to wring the neck of their current cpu champion to keep pace, the unfortunate part is that it can keep pace and this does not bode well for amd in the near future. Unless of course the A64 .13 technology can scale remarkably better then its predecessor, heres hoping!

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win your still retarded!
September 23, 2003 1:12:58 AM

True. The P4 EE definitely contends, and that reduces whatever lead AMD had. Now that remains to see if AMD64 will be optimized for, and what kind of boosts can we expect. THG should be using a UT2003 64-bit tommorow, I expect. That aside, it also proves Intel will compete hard. Which is hard to digest if they do it right. I don't feel AMD did a K7 again, and without that, I doubt they will lead for long.

Rumors of K9 in 2005 are rising, and I hope that it will follow the P7 core formula, use a deep pipeline, and definitely borrow some things like the Trace Cache.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol: 
September 23, 2003 1:21:11 AM

i have tolerated EDEN attacking me for too long

if you gonna tell me to not call him names.... then tell him not to provoke me

we can ignore each other.... he dont like me and i cant stand him... so lets leave it at that
September 23, 2003 1:22:39 AM

i am not a liar

i did leave on my own... i came back like a week later and my account was banned from posting

stick to the fact son
September 23, 2003 2:04:37 AM

I'm provoking you by replying to you and telling you what you're doing that annoys us?
And the fact I told you logically, if you find a forum to be more free-speech than here, then you should go there, is provoking?

Ok! It's really up to you buddy.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol: 
September 23, 2003 2:10:23 AM

its obvious that i have people here who i annoy... and people here who gt a kick out of me

your ass is sooooooooo tight ... how can u possibly take a dump... is your life that terrible that u have no option to lighten up at all

sad
September 23, 2003 2:14:54 AM

Meet me in the OTHER forum and I'll show you how much I can fit!

--
September 23, 2003 2:16:31 AM

Damn, I never thought I'd pay attention to these long-winded flame threads...but it's already at the top, and this news/rumor is pretty fresh.

<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11700" target="_new">Excuse me while I throw more gasoline on the fire.</A> (Mph, gee, I sure am sorry about that.)

If TheInq is correct, the Presscott has indeed been delayed till December.

<i>I can love my fellow man...but I'm damned if I'll love yours.</i>
September 23, 2003 2:36:10 AM

Kell, remember how we defended the Tbred release date?

Did we not argue that as long as they stick to the 2nd quarter in itself, the Tbred is on time, no matter what month in that 2nd quarter is determined?

This is the same damn thing. Prescott-> 4rth Quarter. What's so bad really? Delayed? I think not. Intel said 4Q 2003 since a good while, so I fail to see where is the prob. If it were delayed for next year, yeah I'd find it stupid.

--
September 23, 2003 3:17:51 AM

Quote:
This is the same damn thing. Prescott-> 4rth Quarter. What's so bad really? Delayed? I think not.

Last I knew before this, it was supposed to be released in October. Perhaps that was just a non-firm date though, although pretty much every news source that dared to speculate put it down for October. While maybe not an official "delay," this December release is definitely later than ANYone (except the natural pessimists or AMD fanboys) was expecting.

Of course, the emergency release of the P4EE sent alarm bells ringing in peoples' heads (or should have). The simplest explanation was that Prescott was going to be later than expected, and Intel was sweating bullets over AMD64. Otherwise P4EE didn't really fit anywhere near its roadmapped target. Score one for Occam and his razor, I suppose.

I'm just bored waiting for stuff to compile and decided to idly mention the latest from the rumor mills. Sorry if I stepped on some raw nerves.

<i>I can love my fellow man...but I'm damned if I'll love yours.</i>
September 23, 2003 3:21:48 AM

It's nothing, I just found it that people seemed to think that the Quarter date had somehow said itself "OCTOBER" when there are clearly 3 months.

I have to say the P4 EE is a smart quick-attack though. Most sites already have the silicon. That indicates this is far from a recent last-minute attempt, FAR. A silicon takes at least 3 months! (damn where's Matisaro!)
Intel knew how to close the gap even if they knew they couldn't beat it entirely.
Now the time has come, Sept. 23rd.
Next big date? 4rth Quarter! :lol: 

--
September 23, 2003 11:58:51 AM

Quote:
I have to say the P4 EE is a smart quick-attack though. Most sites already have the silicon. That indicates this is far from a recent last-minute attempt, FAR. A silicon takes at least 3 months!

Unless, of course, you're taking the top yields of a high-end core, such as a Xeon MP, and just putting it in a different package with a different label and certain high-end features turned off. :wink: Remember, the P4 and the Xeon cores are VERY similar. It would also explain why the part is going to be so scarce (*cough* sorry, I mean "non-mainstream.")

I pointed this out in the [H] forums--no matter what we may think of theInq, their moles are legendary. I just can't see them missing something as big as this unless it just recently came into being.

Still, it's impressive that Intel managed to pull it off. It's yet to be seen whether it's enough for Intel to keep the crown.

<i>I can love my fellow man...but I'm damned if I'll love yours.</i><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by kelledin on 09/23/03 07:00 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
September 23, 2003 2:20:10 PM

Quote:
Unless, of course, you're taking the top yields of a high-end core, such as a Xeon MP, and just putting it in a different package with a different label and certain high-end features turned off. Remember, the P4 and the Xeon cores are VERY similar. It would also explain why the part is going to be so scarce (*cough* sorry, I mean "non-mainstream.")

Sorry, but that doesn't even make sense. The cores themselves may be different but the packaging sure isn't. They're on completely different sockets for starters. And there's the FSB difference which no Xeon has yet. Don't get me wrong, it could very easily just be a branching from the Xeon family. Personally I think that it'd have just been easier to add the L3 cache to the Pentium4 than to repackage a Xeon. But either way, it takes months to tape out the new design and to get the production lines for the product right. It's not something that Intel could just whip up in a week or two. We're looking at three months of work easily. And since when has Intel thought on their feet? So you're also looking at another three months of planning before that at <i>least</i>. So that easily makes it having been worked on for at least six months.

Now think of just how many <i>years</i> AMD has given Intel a heads-up warning of their A64. Intel could have had this project waiting in the wings as a spoiler litterally for years.

<pre><A HREF="http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20030905" target="_new"><font color=black>People don't understand how hard being a dark god can be. - Hastur</font color=black></A></pre><p>
!