Hello, All! Earlier I was using `Naviscope' as my AD blocker. Naviscope
blocks an Ad by drawing an equal size of text box with letters AD in it. At
present using Proxomitron which replaces an ad with a 1x1 pixel or a blank
gif.

How is it possible to replace an ad of 10x10 with a clear 1x1 pixel or a
blank gif? How to identify ads on a web page?

Thanks for any replies & help.

With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com

I use an old free version of AdShield, which does not replace the ads, they are just gone,
which is how I like it. If one slips through because I do not have the definition for it
in my .abl file (block definitions file), I right click the ad and block not that specific
image, but anything which might come from the same source. (e.g. for
http://www.jurgita.com/layer.php?name=Surf%20Control, I would block
http://www.jurgita.com/ . Yours is the first post that I have seen wanting the blocked Ad
replaced by text for what is being blocked. Probably there is a third party Ad blocker
which might replace the Ad image with its path in text. But that usually would not give a
clue to what the Ad is for. You would probably get something like this:
http://www.jurgita.com/layer.php?name=Surf%20Control which would be meaningless to you.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

"Brother Brock" <Nobodyknows@unknown.com> wrote in message
> Hello, All! Earlier I was using `Naviscope' as my AD blocker. Naviscope
> blocks an Ad by drawing an equal size of text box with letters AD in it. At
> present using Proxomitron which replaces an ad with a 1x1 pixel or a blank
> gif.
>
> How is it possible to replace an ad of 10x10 with a clear 1x1 pixel or a
> blank gif? How to identify ads on a web page?
>
> Thanks for any replies & help.
>
> With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com

If you want to identify it, why block it in the first place? Just look at
it. You don't have to click on it.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"Brother Brock" <Nobodyknows@unknown.com> wrote in message
> Hello, All! Earlier I was using `Naviscope' as my AD blocker. Naviscope
> blocks an Ad by drawing an equal size of text box with letters AD in it.
> At
> present using Proxomitron which replaces an ad with a 1x1 pixel or a blank
> gif.
>
> How is it possible to replace an ad of 10x10 with a clear 1x1 pixel or a
> blank gif? How to identify ads on a web page?
>
> Thanks for any replies & help.
>
> With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com

TRENDING THREADS