STTNG Flipper Problem Questions

My left flipper on my STTNG fires multiple times when the flipper
button is engaged and released. There is only one flipper on this
side. The coil also makes a noticable hum (not actually a hum, but a
real weird noise) when you let off the button after holding it for a
few seconds. Now with this flipper problem the game is also starting
to occasionaly reset, which it has never done before. All of this
started happening after moving the game. I think the extra flips are
do to the plastic piece that the flipper pushes away from the "U" optos
not being in the right spot, but the funny sound from the coil, is
something I have never heard before. Is it most likely a bad coil or
is there something else that could be causing the noise? I have
checked and the EOS switch is working. Any help or suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Usually you have a broken wire at the coil, wires to it, or especially the
tiny wires coming off of it. Check for breaks or poor solder joints. You
could swap left and right coils if it would help you pinpoint where the
problem is.

Flipper flutter usually doesn't cause resets, be sure your game isn't on the
same line as an air conditioner or other heavy appliance going on and off,
then go through the normal reset problems routine. LTG :)

<michaeldbeckett@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My left flipper on my STTNG fires multiple times when the flipper
> button is engaged and released. There is only one flipper on this
> side. The coil also makes a noticable hum (not actually a hum, but a
> real weird noise) when you let off the button after holding it for a
> few seconds. Now with this flipper problem the game is also starting
> to occasionaly reset, which it has never done before. All of this
> started happening after moving the game. I think the extra flips are
> do to the plastic piece that the flipper pushes away from the "U" optos
> not being in the right spot, but the funny sound from the coil, is
> something I have never heard before. Is it most likely a bad coil or
> is there something else that could be causing the noise? I have
> checked and the EOS switch is working. Any help or suggestions would
> be greatly appreciated.
>
> Mike

Adi

What Lloyd said. Usually, this is for Googling future purposes, 8, 9 times
out of 10, whenever flipper double flips or doesn't stay up, or stutters
(while you're keeping the button pressed), it's almost always
broken/poor/intermittent wire for flipper hold.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> Usually you have a broken wire at the coil, wires to it, or especially the
> tiny wires coming off of it. Check for breaks or poor solder joints. You
> could swap left and right coils if it would help you pinpoint where the
> problem is.
>
> Flipper flutter usually doesn't cause resets, be sure your game isn't on
the
> same line as an air conditioner or other heavy appliance going on and off,
> then go through the normal reset problems routine. LTG :)
>
> <michaeldbeckett@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > My left flipper on my STTNG fires multiple times when the flipper
> > button is engaged and released. There is only one flipper on this
> > side. The coil also makes a noticable hum (not actually a hum, but a
> > real weird noise) when you let off the button after holding it for a
> > few seconds. Now with this flipper problem the game is also starting
> > to occasionaly reset, which it has never done before. All of this
> > started happening after moving the game. I think the extra flips are
> > do to the plastic piece that the flipper pushes away from the "U" optos
> > not being in the right spot, but the funny sound from the coil, is
> > something I have never heard before. Is it most likely a bad coil or
> > is there something else that could be causing the noise? I have
> > checked and the EOS switch is working. Any help or suggestions would
> > be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Mike

Did ou clean up the opto ? i had the same on mine the video mode was not
working well when going left, if was simple the dust on the tiny opto of the
left button

Pascal