Inspiron 2500 and Win98

Hi: I have inherited a project. My friend has asked me to reload his
Inspiron notebook (witch has a corrupt OS) so he can give it to his
mother. His mom is in a nursing home and can only use a computer
sparingly. This is an older computer; PIII 800. It came loaded with
Millennium, but he has lost the recovery CD and all other software. He
has asked me to load Win98 SE on this box because is Mom is 90 years old
and that is what she is used to using as an OS. I have gone to Dell's
web site but there are very few drivers available for this system other
than those for Millennium, 2000, and some for XP. My question is: Can I
install some generic drivers for the audio, video, modem and sound on
this system? Has anyone had any luck doing this type of project? Does
anyone know where I might be able to find these drivers? The drivers I
need are the following: Chipset: Intel 815E, Video: Intel 815E embedded
graphics, Audio: Sigmatel STAC 9700 AC97, and Modem: Action Tech V90 NIC
MPCI Combo. (By the way I do have a copy of Millennium I have offered to
donate to him for this project, but he would rather have 98SE installed
if at all possible.) Any help with this project would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Bill

Hello,

If you are installing Windows 98SE, you should be able to find all the
drivers on the net.

The ME drivers should work with no issues with 98SE or you can go to the
chipset manufacturer's website and download the 98 drivers.

This should be a fairly easy install for you.

Good luck

--
JLA ENTERPRISES TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATION
Technical Support Team

Visit our forums for FREE technical support at
http://jlaenterprises.ath.cx/phpbb2/index.php

Check out some of the items we are offering
Dell Laptop Docking Stations starting at $5.00
Dell 20" Sony Trinitron Flat Screen Monitors starting at $35.00
Dell 21" Flat Screen Monitors starting at $40.00
Dell Latitude and Inspiron CD Rom and Floppy Drives starting at $5.00

Be sure to visit http://www.jlaenterprises.com