Sign in with
Your question

Lookin for a all-in-one printer, how is the HP OFFICEJET 6500?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 29, 2010 12:48:29 PM

it seems to do everyhting i need, and not very pricy at all,
what do you think about it?

i'm looking for an all in one printer, to print in my house from time to time...
that won't eat too much ink of coure...

thanks!
August 31, 2010 8:14:44 PM

I have an AI1 printer from HP (F300). It is a bit dated by now, but I bought it in college and it hasn't let me down yet. It's good on ink and does a decent job in regard to printing and scanning. In my opinion, HP makes a quality printer, so I'd say go for it.
September 1, 2010 12:59:50 AM

My grandparents and uncle/aunt bought the wireless version of the HP Officejet 6500. One of them had printhead problems, but that was because they opened the ink and then let it sit for a couple months before setting up the printer. Even though it was their fault, HP support replaced the printhead at no charge. Otherwise, they have had no problems. Scan, fax, print, copy, network connectivity: all excellent. The only question is long-term durability, but we won't know that for a few years...
I have the Canon MX860. I'm happy with it, except that it takes about a minute to warm up for the first print job after it's been turned on. It's quick after that first printing, though.
!