Dell tech support down for last 3 days?

I have a Dell monitor going bad. It is still under warranty and has to be
replaced. Three times in the last 3 days I have fought my way through Dell's
voicemail tree and eventually reached a human. None was a native English
speaker, but 2 of them were reasonably fluent.

They both claimed that Dell's tech support system is down--e.g. they cannot
enter my info into the appropriate database, cannot assign me a case number
and cannot assign a dispatch number.

Their contention is that this is due to a software update in progress, and
they have no info on when it might be in operation.

I don't have any reason to doubt them, but it's pathetic if true.

The phone number I used was 800-624-9896.

Has anyone else had similar experience in the last few days??

I thought this newsgroup would be hopping about it, but a quick scan of
recent posts shows nothing.

"Carl LaFong" <ignatzatsonic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a Dell monitor going bad. It is still under warranty and has to be
> replaced. Three times in the last 3 days I have fought my way through
Dell's
> voicemail tree and eventually reached a human. None was a native English
> speaker, but 2 of them were reasonably fluent.
>
> They both claimed that Dell's tech support system is down--e.g. they
cannot
> enter my info into the appropriate database, cannot assign me a case
number
> and cannot assign a dispatch number.
>
> Their contention is that this is due to a software update in progress, and
> they have no info on when it might be in operation.
>
> I don't have any reason to doubt them, but it's pathetic if true.
>
> The phone number I used was 800-624-9896.
>
> Has anyone else had similar experience in the last few days??
>
> I thought this newsgroup would be hopping about it, but a quick scan of
> recent posts shows nothing.

I have had a near impossible time getting software downloads from the
premier support site for the last 2 days.

I had the same experience for the last several days. They told me it was a
network problem with the India office communicating with the US office. I
wasted at least several hours trying to get help. They told me they would
call me back right away with a case number (that was 3 days ago).

Regards,
Key Bored

"Key Bored" <nobodyinparticular@eudoramail.com> wrote in message
> I had the same experience for the last several days. They told me it was
> network problem with the India office communicating with the US office. I
> wasted at least several hours trying to get help. They told me they would
> call me back right away with a case number (that was 3 days ago).

I've seen that problem with other companies, but so far it appears to be a
case of the telephone equipment not connecting to India.