Default view to DETAILS of MY DOCUMENT

August 28, 2005 7:37:02 PM

How can i change my XP default view to Details of MY DOCUMENT? Every time i
open my "MY DOCUMENT" The default view is the Tiles. I change so many time to
VIEW but when i again close and open MY DOCUMENT it's back to TILES.
How can i make it to DETAILS permanently.
Thanx
August 28, 2005 10:48:11 PM

Once you've made the changes you desire, click File>>Close instead of
clicking the "x".

--

Cheers,
Tinkerer

"Jatinder" <Jatinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| How can i change my XP default view to Details of MY DOCUMENT? Every time
| open my "MY DOCUMENT" The default view is the Tiles. I change so many time
| VIEW but when i again close and open MY DOCUMENT it's back to TILES.
| How can i make it to DETAILS permanently.
| Thanx

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 10:48:12 PM

I want permanent solution not temp, This will make changes to only current
folder. I want each and every folder, or even if i download any folders from
internet , and as soon as i open them the view should be in DETAILS, always
in DETAIL. The default setting should be DETAILS of every folder in my
computer. How can u do that, that is my question?

"Tinkerer" wrote:

> Once you've made the changes you desire, click File>>Close instead of
> clicking the "x".
>
> --
>
> Cheers,
> Tinkerer
>

> "Jatinder" <Jatinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | How can i change my XP default view to Details of MY DOCUMENT? Every time
> | open my "MY DOCUMENT" The default view is the Tiles. I change so many time
> | VIEW but when i again close and open MY DOCUMENT it's back to TILES.
> | How can i make it to DETAILS permanently.
> | Thanx

August 29, 2005 1:31:08 AM

Jatinder wrote:

> How can i change my XP default view to Details of MY DOCUMENT? Every time i
> open my "MY DOCUMENT" The default view is the Tiles. I change so many time to
> VIEW but when i again close and open MY DOCUMENT it's back to TILES.
> How can i make it to DETAILS permanently.
> Thanx

Set the folder the way you want, then click on Tools | Folder Options |
View | Apply to All Folders.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User