Default view to DETAILS of MY DOCUMENT

How can i change my XP default view to Details of MY DOCUMENT? Every time i
open my "MY DOCUMENT" The default view is the Tiles. I change so many time to
VIEW but when i again close and open MY DOCUMENT it's back to TILES.
How can i make it to DETAILS permanently.
Thanx
3 answers Last reply
More about default view details document

    Once you've made the changes you desire, click File>>Close instead of
    clicking the "x".

    --

    Cheers,
    Tinkerer

    "Jatinder" <Jatinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | How can i change my XP default view to Details of MY DOCUMENT? Every time
    | open my "MY DOCUMENT" The default view is the Tiles. I change so many time
    | VIEW but when i again close and open MY DOCUMENT it's back to TILES.
    | How can i make it to DETAILS permanently.
    | Thanx

    I want permanent solution not temp, This will make changes to only current
    folder. I want each and every folder, or even if i download any folders from
    internet , and as soon as i open them the view should be in DETAILS, always
    in DETAIL. The default setting should be DETAILS of every folder in my
    computer. How can u do that, that is my question?

    Jatinder wrote:

    > How can i change my XP default view to Details of MY DOCUMENT? Every time i
    > open my "MY DOCUMENT" The default view is the Tiles. I change so many time to
    > VIEW but when i again close and open MY DOCUMENT it's back to TILES.
    > How can i make it to DETAILS permanently.
    > Thanx

    Set the folder the way you want, then click on Tools | Folder Options |
    View | Apply to All Folders.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User