Windows 7 Boot Manager Problem

namehere2311

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Recently i changed the boot logo/screen on my computer to a custom one. When i got tired of it and wanted to change it back, i googled how i could restore it. In a tech forum someone said running the CMD as admin and typing "bcdedit %WinDir% /l en-US" would restore it back to its original boot logo. I tried it and then restarted my computer as instructed. As soon as it starts to boot up i get a message from the "Windows Boot Manager" telling me that there is a file that cannot be recognized: "windows/system32/winload.exe" My drivers for my keyboard are out of date apparently as i cant press "enter" to continue. It told me i could alternatively insert my windows 7 disc and restart. I inserted that disc and restarted and the same screen comes up. Help? :( :(

namehere2311

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012

could you be more specific? HOW would i "set my system to boot of the DVD." I already tried starting it up with the windows 7 disc if that's what you mean. Didnt work...

Did you get the option press any key to boot from DVD? If not, you may just be booting from the hard drive.

To set it to boot from the DVD drive, you enter the bios to ensure it is set to boot from
1st CD/DVD
2nd Hard Drive

Some boards can also select boot device on startup(called boot menu or boot select. With a key like F12 or F8 depending on the board model.)