DVD + and Dell Precision.

Hi,
I want to get a DVD Recorder and use the recorded DVD's to play back on my
Dell Precision.

I've been told there are multiple formats & I should check my laptop DVD rom
drive can read the DVD+ format.

Does anyone know if the Dell DVD rom drives read DVD + or DVD - or how I can
find out without a sample DVD disc to test.

Thanks and regards,
A.
3 answers Last reply
More about dell precision

    Hi
    Dell only supports DVD +
    Rgds

    "Ayoros" <ayoros12@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >"Artois" <nospam@ntlworld.com> a écrit

    >>I want to get a DVD Recorder and use the recorded DVD's to play back on my
    >>Dell Precision.
    >>
    >>I've been told there are multiple formats & I should check my laptop DVD rom
    >> drive can read the DVD+ format.

    >>Does anyone know if the Dell DVD rom drives read DVD + or DVD - or how I can
    >> find out without a sample DVD disc to test.

    >Dell only supports DVD +

    That's in their DVD+-R/RW drives. The question was on their
    read-only DVD drives in the Precision, and I assume, other
    machines. I'd be curious too, as I haven't entered the DVD arena
    yet, reading or writing, in my Dells or any other machines I use
    [at work I'm exposed to a wide variety of computers working at
    clients' offices].
    --
    OJ III
    [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

    Artois wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I want to get a DVD Recorder and use the recorded DVD's to play back on my
    > Dell Precision.
    >
    > I've been told there are multiple formats & I should check my laptop DVD rom
    > drive can read the DVD+ format.
    >
    > Does anyone know if the Dell DVD rom drives read DVD + or DVD - or how I can
    > find out without a sample DVD disc to test.
    >
    > Thanks and regards,
    > A.

    The Dell website says that the 16X DVD-ROM drive on the Dell Precision
    workstations can read "DVD-ROM, DVD video, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW,
    DVD-5, DVD-9, DVD-10, DVD-18, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, Photo-CD,
    VIDEO-CD, CD-I, CD-Plus, CD Extra, CD-RW, CD-TEXT"

Dell DVD Computers