New collector

Hey, everyone has told me this is the place to be for elite pinball
action. I live in Northern VA 15 min. from Wash. DC. I am building a
seperate gameroom/workshop in the fall to house about 25 pins. I
already have met some of you guys and acquired some pins. Brian
Lambert and John Salvador were both nice enough to have me and pinball
collector buddy and business partner Jeff Jones visit and purchase some
pins. My primary goal is to collect up 25 pins, learn how to work on
them, learn how to restore them in the workshop and develop a network
of pinball loving friends to have over for pinball parties. My current
collection (as some of you already know) consists of Fathom (x2 1
Nogle), 8BD (Nogle), CP (Salvador's friends'), CV/Gorgar/STTNG
(Lambert), Safecracker, Jokerz (wifes list) Earthshaker sample(again
wifes list) Totan, Haunted House.
I realize the purchase prices on some of the games was frowned on by
some of you, well all I have to say is the pricing seems to all over
the map. As a newbie, I prob. can be taken while I get my feet wet, but
hey I am happy with all my games thus far!
Currently I am looking for sample and Prototype games, specifically IJ,
SS, CFTBL and TZ. I will be adding a BK for my 1st talker, 1st multi
level, 1st 3 level trio, also looking for MB, MM, CC, ToM, FH, Cyclone
(wifes list)
I also am interested in oddball proto stuff, keychains, posters etc.
I want (as do most of you) collector quality, except in the
sample/Proto examples where a non restored example would be considered.

my email is customstonescaping@excite.com and cell phone is 703 407
8663

What I am really after is a sample CV RM head! I know they are rare, I
don't have much for trade bait yet, all I have is an extra set of SC
domestic tokens that came with my HUO SC.
Please forgive any newbie posting mistakes.
Thanks
Jeff Reynolds

Welcome Jeff and glad you found your way here, a fine bunch of people you
have discovered. John Salvador is a good man. Some things to help you if you
haven't already discovered them. http://www.marvin3m.com/fix.htm Clay's site
is great and check out the This Old Pinball videos, best bang for your buck
in the hobby. Mr. Pinball has lots of good things
http://www.xmission.com/~daina/pinball.html and a collector register to help
you find people in your area. And Martin has a great Pinball News site
http://www.pinballnews.com/ with lots of good articles and a diary of up
coming events. LTG :)

"Jeff Reynolds" <customstonescaping@excite.com> wrote in message
> Hey, everyone has told me this is the place to be for elite pinball
> action. I live in Northern VA 15 min. from Wash. DC. I am building a
> seperate gameroom/workshop in the fall to house about 25 pins. I
> already have met some of you guys and acquired some pins. Brian
> Lambert and John Salvador were both nice enough to have me and pinball
> collector buddy and business partner Jeff Jones visit and purchase some
> pins. My primary goal is to collect up 25 pins, learn how to work on
> them, learn how to restore them in the workshop and develop a network
> of pinball loving friends to have over for pinball parties. My current
> collection (as some of you already know) consists of Fathom (x2 1
> Nogle), 8BD (Nogle), CP (Salvador's friends'), CV/Gorgar/STTNG
> (Lambert), Safecracker, Jokerz (wifes list) Earthshaker sample(again
> wifes list) Totan, Haunted House.
> I realize the purchase prices on some of the games was frowned on by
> some of you, well all I have to say is the pricing seems to all over
> the map. As a newbie, I prob. can be taken while I get my feet wet, but
> hey I am happy with all my games thus far!
> Currently I am looking for sample and Prototype games, specifically IJ,
> SS, CFTBL and TZ. I will be adding a BK for my 1st talker, 1st multi
> level, 1st 3 level trio, also looking for MB, MM, CC, ToM, FH, Cyclone
> (wifes list)
> I also am interested in oddball proto stuff, keychains, posters etc.
> I want (as do most of you) collector quality, except in the
> sample/Proto examples where a non restored example would be considered.
>
> my email is customstonescaping@excite.com and cell phone is 703 407
> 8663
>
> What I am really after is a sample CV RM head! I know they are rare, I
> don't have much for trade bait yet, all I have is an extra set of SC
> domestic tokens that came with my HUO SC.
> Please forgive any newbie posting mistakes.
> Thanks
> Jeff Reynolds

Welcome!

I used to live in NoVA but moved about a year or so ago. Lots of good
collectors around there. If you find a good deal -- you best move fast!

Speaking of promos. The owner of probably one of the largest collections of
promo plastics in the country lives just a stone's through from you in
Silver Spring. His name is Gerry and he is a fine fellow. He sells lots of
his extras. Check out his site here:

http://www.pinballpromos.com

- Kevin

PinBotz -- Enhancements for Classic Pinball Machines
http://www.pinbotz.com
Now Available: The PinBotz Guide to the Greatest
Pinball Machines of the 80's & 90's
http://www.pinbotz.com/book

"Jeff Reynolds" <customstonescaping@excite.com> wrote in message
> Hey, everyone has told me this is the place to be for elite pinball
> action. I live in Northern VA 15 min. from Wash. DC. I am building a
> seperate gameroom/workshop in the fall to house about 25 pins. I
> already have met some of you guys and acquired some pins. Brian
> Lambert and John Salvador were both nice enough to have me and pinball
> collector buddy and business partner Jeff Jones visit and purchase some
> pins. My primary goal is to collect up 25 pins, learn how to work on
> them, learn how to restore them in the workshop and develop a network
> of pinball loving friends to have over for pinball parties. My current
> collection (as some of you already know) consists of Fathom (x2 1
> Nogle), 8BD (Nogle), CP (Salvador's friends'), CV/Gorgar/STTNG
> (Lambert), Safecracker, Jokerz (wifes list) Earthshaker sample(again
> wifes list) Totan, Haunted House.
> I realize the purchase prices on some of the games was frowned on by
> some of you, well all I have to say is the pricing seems to all over
> the map. As a newbie, I prob. can be taken while I get my feet wet, but
> hey I am happy with all my games thus far!
> Currently I am looking for sample and Prototype games, specifically IJ,
> SS, CFTBL and TZ. I will be adding a BK for my 1st talker, 1st multi
> level, 1st 3 level trio, also looking for MB, MM, CC, ToM, FH, Cyclone
> (wifes list)
> I also am interested in oddball proto stuff, keychains, posters etc.
> I want (as do most of you) collector quality, except in the
> sample/Proto examples where a non restored example would be considered.
>
> my email is customstonescaping@excite.com and cell phone is 703 407
> 8663
>
> What I am really after is a sample CV RM head! I know they are rare, I
> don't have much for trade bait yet, all I have is an extra set of SC
> domestic tokens that came with my HUO SC.
> Please forgive any newbie posting mistakes.
> Thanks
> Jeff Reynolds

Welcom Jeff.

I am located in Richmond, VA and wanted to mention that you should join a
little email group that we have in this basic area (mostly VA, MD folks but
there are also several NC, PA and some from GA on our list). Basically its
kind of a contact group for help or even pin sales/purchases.

Great group of folks and very helpful.

Your list is quite impressive (both what you have and what you want) and I
wish you luck in search.

One suggestion I have for you is get to know the folks here on rgp because
collectivey you will not find a more knowledgeable group folks around. But
most of all have fun and enjoy playing those pins!!

Good luck and don't be a stranger.

Greg

Have you joined the VA/MD/DC pinball league (Free State Pinball
Association) and/or subscribed to the emailing list?

http://www.fspazone.org/

Welcome to the group Jeff.

I'm sorry I wasn't available to meet you all on your trip down to the area.
I'm glad you found some nice games to take home.

As far as getting tech help, these games develop common problems, and many
answers to those kinds of questions can be found by using Google groups.

If you find yourself down here again make sure you stop by my place to play
the sample TZ and its friends :).

Brandon

"Jeff Reynolds" <customstonescaping@excite.com> wrote in message
> Hey, everyone has told me this is the place to be for elite pinball
> action. I live in Northern VA 15 min. from Wash. DC. I am building a
> seperate gameroom/workshop in the fall to house about 25 pins. I
> already have met some of you guys and acquired some pins. Brian
> Lambert and John Salvador were both nice enough to have me and pinball
> collector buddy and business partner Jeff Jones visit and purchase some
> pins. My primary goal is to collect up 25 pins, learn how to work on
> them, learn how to restore them in the workshop and develop a network
> of pinball loving friends to have over for pinball parties. My current
> collection (as some of you already know) consists of Fathom (x2 1
> Nogle), 8BD (Nogle), CP (Salvador's friends'), CV/Gorgar/STTNG
> (Lambert), Safecracker, Jokerz (wifes list) Earthshaker sample(again
> wifes list) Totan, Haunted House.
> I realize the purchase prices on some of the games was frowned on by
> some of you, well all I have to say is the pricing seems to all over
> the map. As a newbie, I prob. can be taken while I get my feet wet, but
> hey I am happy with all my games thus far!
> Currently I am looking for sample and Prototype games, specifically IJ,
> SS, CFTBL and TZ. I will be adding a BK for my 1st talker, 1st multi
> level, 1st 3 level trio, also looking for MB, MM, CC, ToM, FH, Cyclone
> (wifes list)
> I also am interested in oddball proto stuff, keychains, posters etc.
> I want (as do most of you) collector quality, except in the
> sample/Proto examples where a non restored example would be considered.
>
> my email is customstonescaping@excite.com and cell phone is 703 407
> 8663
>
> What I am really after is a sample CV RM head! I know they are rare, I
> don't have much for trade bait yet, all I have is an extra set of SC
> domestic tokens that came with my HUO SC.
> Please forgive any newbie posting mistakes.
> Thanks
> Jeff Reynolds

Welcome Jeff, you just found the world largest support group for pinball
addicts :)

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

Welcome - My advice would be to take it all in at a slower pace. Rome
wasn't built in a day, and great pins don't come around every day.
Snatch a good one up when you can, and you don't need 25 pins to get
started by any means.

In America it always seems like "bigger is better" - Better to buy a
Hummer than a Honda Accord, etc.

You can learn a great deal about the machines themselves with a small
stable, and wait for the cherrys to come around and grab 'em. Pins are
like potato chips, as we all know, and most of us are generally never
satisfied with just one or two.

My advice would be to cool your jets a little, and absorb...You will
also be ready when those truly special pins come around, rather than
just buying an average condition machine and regretting it.

Enjoy.

BRETT B

Hi Jeff,

Wecome to the group. It sounds like you have the bug pretty bad! I'm up
to 30 pins myself and I can't stop looking for more. I've been working
on my gameroom for six years. It's done but there are always machines
coming and going. I think a gameroom is never finished, it's constantly
evolving. I'm shopping an MM now that will be done in a few weeks and
will offer it to the group for sale then. If you haven't subscribed to
gameroom magazine give that a shot, too. Lots of good ideas in there.
They also have a wesite www.gameroommagazine.com. I sent in pictures
and should be featured at some point. Enjoy!

Mike

Jeff R. may be relatively new to the hobby, but he's got a passion for
it already, and both he and his business partner Jeff J. are definitely
good guys.

We should all expect to see lots of posts in the coming months as they
build up their collections, and, having personally sold them both some
games recently, I will say that I wouldn't hesistate for a moment to do
business with either Jeff again.

In the meantime, "Welcome to the club!," and congratulations on not
being in denial about already having *the bug* It's SO much easier
and fun when you're able to publicly admit you're a junkie!

Brian

In article <iZednQASrrMOjULfRVnygQ@skypoint.com>,
Lloyd Olson <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
>...Some things to help you if you
>haven't already discovered them. http://www.marvin3m.com/fix.htm Clay's site
>is great and check out the This Old Pinball videos, best bang for your buck
>in the hobby. Mr. Pinball has lots of good things
>http://www.xmission.com/~daina/pinball.html and a collector register to help
>you find people in your area. And Martin has a great Pinball News site
>http://www.pinballnews.com/ with lots of good articles and a diary of up
>coming events. LTG :)

For more tips, read the FAQ that will be posted here at midnight on
August 1st (and again on the 1st of every month).
--
.................David Marston at MV

TRENDING THREADS