Window runs fine in Safe Mode, but not in normal

justinlck

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Hello,
Well, my pc is my best friend, its doing its job correctly, until now.

i was playing some games, then suddenly the computer just freeze, so i restarted it.

and then the Windows boot normally, but after boot(before the Welcome screen), the computer freezed, and sometimes BSoD appear, and i just keep restarting and its the same... tried System Restore and System Repair... please help...

Solution
as it going into safe mode it sounds like when the pc locked up...the video driver may have gotten damaged or the video card or a part in the pc had a heat issue under stress. i would start with the simple fix. try booting into safe mode and remove the video driver and use a drive sweeper to make sure all the old video driver is gone. then download the newest driver from the internet onto a usb stick and reboot the pc. when the pc reboots use the usb stick to install the newest drivers if it boots to windows desktop in normal mode. if your still getting a hang and issues. then boot back into safe mode and use msconfig and under the start up tab turn off all programes at start up. one of them may have been damaged. (most time it the anti...
as it going into safe mode it sounds like when the pc locked up...the video driver may have gotten damaged or the video card or a part in the pc had a heat issue under stress. i would start with the simple fix. try booting into safe mode and remove the video driver and use a drive sweeper to make sure all the old video driver is gone. then download the newest driver from the internet onto a usb stick and reboot the pc. when the pc reboots use the usb stick to install the newest drivers if it boots to windows desktop in normal mode. if your still getting a hang and issues. then boot back into safe mode and use msconfig and under the start up tab turn off all programes at start up. one of them may have been damaged. (most time it the anti virus). if you can boot into normal mode after you do this then it a damaged program that loading at start up. to find the one that causing the error go back into msconfig and turn one of them on at a time and reboot. if it a hardware issues start with checking that all the fans are moving and there no dust clogging them. try booting of a memtest boot disk and test your ram. if the ram is fine. then if your system has onboard gpu/video card try pulling the gpu and seeing if the system will boot fine. if it does try another video card in the pc and try the old video card in another pc.

Solution

justinlck

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012

i unplugged my graphic card, and it went back to normal !!!, i guess my card just went too far... by the way thanks for helping, im new to tomshardware.