Remote desktop user permissions on XP-Pro???

I want to manage one of my XP-Pro machines using remote desktop login.
It works OK for installing programs and such, but I cannot find how I
can make the remote machine reboot.

On similar installs using Remote desktop on a W2000 server I always
have the Shutdown/Restart alternative on the logoff dialogue.
But not on XP-Pro...

Is there a setting somewhere that I can modify to give me (logged on
as an admin) the permission to restart the PC?

/Bo

Bo Berglund
bo.berglund(at)nospam.telia.com
1 answer Last reply
More about remote desktop user permissions

    Bo Berglund wrote:
    > I want to manage one of my XP-Pro machines using remote
    > desktop login. It works OK for installing programs and such,
    > but I cannot find how I can make the remote machine reboot.
    >
    > On similar installs using Remote desktop on a W2000 server I
    > always have the Shutdown/Restart alternative on the logoff
    > dialogue.
    > But not on XP-Pro...
    >
    > Is there a setting somewhere that I can modify to give me
    > (logged on as an admin) the permission to restart the PC?
    >
    > /Bo
    >

    > Bo Berglund
    > bo.berglund(at)nospam.telia.com

    Launch Task Manager on the remote computer. From the Shutdown
    menu, select Restart.

    Note: To launch Task Manager on the remote computer, you can 1.
    right click the Taskbar and select it from the drop down menu,
    2. Go to Start -> Run and enter taskmgr.exe in the Open box or
    3. Use the Ctrl + Alt + End key combination.

    Nepatsfan

Remote Desktop Windows XP Permissions