Remote desktop user permissions on XP-Pro???

August 29, 2005 5:23:34 AM

I want to manage one of my XP-Pro machines using remote desktop login.
It works OK for installing programs and such, but I cannot find how I
can make the remote machine reboot.

On similar installs using Remote desktop on a W2000 server I always
have the Shutdown/Restart alternative on the logoff dialogue.
But not on XP-Pro...

Is there a setting somewhere that I can modify to give me (logged on
as an admin) the permission to restart the PC?

/Bo

Bo Berglund
bo.berglund(at)nospam.telia.com
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 5:23:35 AM

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I want to manage one of my XP-Pro machines using remote
> desktop login. It works OK for installing programs and such,
> but I cannot find how I can make the remote machine reboot.
>
> On similar installs using Remote desktop on a W2000 server I
> always have the Shutdown/Restart alternative on the logoff
> dialogue.
> But not on XP-Pro...
>
> Is there a setting somewhere that I can modify to give me
> (logged on as an admin) the permission to restart the PC?
>
> /Bo
>

> Bo Berglund
> bo.berglund(at)nospam.telia.com

Launch Task Manager on the remote computer. From the Shutdown
menu, select Restart.

Note: To launch Task Manager on the remote computer, you can 1.
right click the Taskbar and select it from the drop down menu,
2. Go to Start -> Run and enter taskmgr.exe in the Open box or
3. Use the Ctrl + Alt + End key combination.

Nepatsfan
!