New Hard Drive Issues

Recently installed new 200 gig HD in my Aug 2002 Dimension 8200 with BIOS
V8 and Win XP SP2. System only recognizes 127 gig. Will flashing the BIOS
with latest version enable recognition of the full HD capacity?
TIA
Jim

I believe you need the Intel Application Accelerator (IAA) from Intel's
site.
"Jim Fell" <jameshfell@removecharter.net> wrote in message
> Recently installed new 200 gig HD in my Aug 2002 Dimension 8200 with BIOS
> V8 and Win XP SP2. System only recognizes 127 gig. Will flashing the
> BIOS with latest version enable recognition of the full HD capacity?
> TIA
> Jim

"Jim Fell" <jameshfell@removecharter.net> wrote in message
> Recently installed new 200 gig HD in my Aug 2002 Dimension 8200 with BIOS
> V8 and Win XP SP2. System only recognizes 127 gig. Will flashing the
> BIOS with latest version enable recognition of the full HD capacity?
> TIA
> Jim

Maxtor, the operating system only recognizes 128 GB or 137 GB of my large
capacity drive;
http://maxtor.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/maxtor.cfg/php/enduser/olh_adp.php?p_faqid=960

Seagate, why can I only see 127 to 137 GBytes of my 160+ GB drive in Windows
XP?;
http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/faq/137_winxp.html

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.