my internet stops workin for no reason

my internet stops workin for no reason and it happens
often too.
the hardware seems fine and workin well too it even says
its still connceted
I disabled IEEE 802.1X after gettin some infos
but I dunt think that did anything
the name of this broadband is MN-500
anybody knows wat is goin on here and tell me wat to do
to fix this?

joker

The 802.1x authentication only causes a problem on wireless clients.

Who is your ISP?

What type of connection do you have (Cable, DSL, Satellite, etc.)?

What kind of IP address do you get (Dynamic, static, or PPPoE)?

What version of the firmware are you running on the MN-500?

Answer these questions & we can help you better.

Joon wrote:

> my internet stops workin for no reason and it happens
> often too.
> the hardware seems fine and workin well too it even says
> its still connceted
> I disabled IEEE 802.1X after gettin some infos
> but I dunt think that did anything
> the name of this broadband is MN-500
> anybody knows wat is goin on here and tell me wat to do
> to fix this?

Hi
I dunt no wat ISP really means..
but rest I can answer
my connection is Cable(Sympatico) which is PPPoE
the firmware I dunt no know cuz I didn't install the
program for this after I formatted for some problems, but
it still worked fine without the program
hope this can help you..

joker

BTW your ISP or Internet Service Provider is Sympatico.

I take it you are in Canada as the USA doesn't do PPPoE over cable just
for some of the DSL customers. Also I remember Sympatico customers
living in Canada while I supported the MN-100 & MN-500.

Next time it stops working sign into http://192.168.2.1 at the first
page after typing in your password it will list your firmware version.

If you then go into security then basestation log I bet you will see a
PADT (assuming you didn't do a power cycle on the router before signing
into it). If that is the case you will need to go to the "Wide Area
Network (WAN) Settings" page and set the "Maximum idle time" to
something like 600 & enable the "Auto-reconnect" if it isn't already
checked.

You may want to check out these articles over at
http://support.microsoft.com about PPPoE as it will explain the
different stages of the PPPoE connection.

282079 A Description of the Point-to-Point Protocol Over Ethernet
Discovery Stage AKA PPPoE Discovery Stage

331918 MSBBN: Problems with PPPoE Setup and Programming the Base Station

You also may want to check out the following site for more information
about the basestation log.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_concept_log_file.mspx