What would you pay?

Last response: in Video Games
July 21, 2005 2:26:27 AM

So, a friend and former boss of mine needs to get rid of his Big Guns...

I haven't seen the machine in about 7 years, but I'm pretty sure it's in
good shape. He tried to rebuild the flippers and couldn't get the wiring
right when putting them back together. Which is odd, because he has an
Electrical Engineering degree. It's possible something went down while he
was trying that explains his inability to get it to work.

Anyway, it's in his ex girlfriend's basement. Very Ex. Nasty screaming,
it's all his fault, you're trying to turn all my friends against me, I'm
going to put on fifty pounds now ex girlfriend. I made the mistake of
inviting them both to my wedding reception three years ago. She made a
scene. I haven't seen her much since.

So collecting it is going to be fun.

He says "Whatever you feel like paying. I don't want to deal with it". No
kidding. What should I offer?

-- Rich Fife --

More about : pay

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 2:47:45 AM

Therapy for both of them? Oh. You mean the pin. Sorry.
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 2:51:06 AM

$300?
July 21, 2005 2:53:44 AM

500 and get it while she's out! :p

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Hot Fudge Sunday sprinkled with Valium
(adjust the dosage to account for the weight gain)

Just watch your hands when you show her food, pinball is less fun
without fingers.
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 11:36:47 AM

Rich Fife wrote:
> So, a friend and former boss of mine needs to get rid of his Big Guns...
>
> I haven't seen the machine in about 7 years, but I'm pretty sure it's in
> good shape. He tried to rebuild the flippers and couldn't get the wiring
> right when putting them back together. Which is odd, because he has an
> Electrical Engineering degree. It's possible something went down while he
> was trying that explains his inability to get it to work.
>
> Anyway, it's in his ex girlfriend's basement. Very Ex. Nasty screaming,
> it's all his fault, you're trying to turn all my friends against me, I'm
> going to put on fifty pounds now ex girlfriend. I made the mistake of
> inviting them both to my wedding reception three years ago. She made a
> scene. I haven't seen her much since.
>
> So collecting it is going to be fun.
>
> He says "Whatever you feel like paying. I don't want to deal with it". No
> kidding. What should I offer?

That depends; does she remember that you were friends with her
ex-boyfriend? If so, I'd have to know that she wouldn't be there when
I came to pick it up!
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 11:49:58 AM

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:26:27 -0700, "Rich Fife" <rfife@amug.org>
wrote:

[...]

> I made the mistake of
>inviting them both to my wedding reception three years ago. She made a
>scene.
[...]
> What should I offer?

Seems to me like you've already paid :)
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 11:54:35 AM

Rich Fife wrote:

> I haven't seen the machine in about 7 years, but I'm pretty sure it's in
> good shape.

Why? It seems entirely possible that the personal belongings that your
friend left behind could easily have been the first casualties in his
war with his ex, right along with her sanity. Would YOU leave
something of value with someone who hates your guts, knowing that
kerosene is only $3.89 a gallon?

- Josh A.
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 12:52:54 PM

c_kubie@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hot Fudge Sunday sprinkled with Valium
> (adjust the dosage to account for the weight gain)

I like the idea of using a hot fudge sundae as bait to get the ex out
of the house, but I wouldn't just hand it to her. I'd do it like Wile
E. Coyote does with the road runner and use a series of signs like
"Free sundae, this way!" to get her far away from the house, and then
sneak in the back door to get the pin while she's gone.

- Josh A.
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 2:33:25 PM

Sounds like he needs to pay YOU to pick that one up...
In the military, they would call that additional amount "hazardous duty
pay"...
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 2:47:40 PM

Get it first, the quicker you get in and out, the more you pay him.

Sounds like he should pay you though, battle pay.

John!

Rich Fife wrote:
> So, a friend and former boss of mine needs to get rid of his Big Guns...
>
> I haven't seen the machine in about 7 years, but I'm pretty sure it's in
> good shape. He tried to rebuild the flippers and couldn't get the wiring
> right when putting them back together. Which is odd, because he has an
> Electrical Engineering degree. It's possible something went down while he
> was trying that explains his inability to get it to work.
>
> Anyway, it's in his ex girlfriend's basement. Very Ex. Nasty screaming,
> it's all his fault, you're trying to turn all my friends against me, I'm
> going to put on fifty pounds now ex girlfriend. I made the mistake of
> inviting them both to my wedding reception three years ago. She made a
> scene. I haven't seen her much since.
>
> So collecting it is going to be fun.
>
> He says "Whatever you feel like paying. I don't want to deal with it". No
> kidding. What should I offer?
>
> -- Rich Fife --

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 3:18:57 PM

Nothing until it was in my custody.

Since it belongs to her ex, there may not
be much left of the game when you pick it up....

--
Fred
TX

"Rich Fife" <rfife@amug.org> wrote in message news:A82dnZFZ8vOer0LfRVn-oQ@comcast.com...

> He says "Whatever you feel like paying. I don't want to deal with it". No
> kidding. What should I offer?
>
> -- Rich Fife --

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 6:25:49 PM

You never know, she may be more interested in requiring services that fall
into the revenge category ;-)

GRY

!