What would you pay?

So, a friend and former boss of mine needs to get rid of his Big Guns...

I haven't seen the machine in about 7 years, but I'm pretty sure it's in
good shape. He tried to rebuild the flippers and couldn't get the wiring
right when putting them back together. Which is odd, because he has an
Electrical Engineering degree. It's possible something went down while he
was trying that explains his inability to get it to work.

Anyway, it's in his ex girlfriend's basement. Very Ex. Nasty screaming,
it's all his fault, you're trying to turn all my friends against me, I'm
going to put on fifty pounds now ex girlfriend. I made the mistake of
inviting them both to my wedding reception three years ago. She made a
scene. I haven't seen her much since.

So collecting it is going to be fun.

He says "Whatever you feel like paying. I don't want to deal with it". No
kidding. What should I offer?

-- Rich Fife --
12 answers Last reply
More about what

    Therapy for both of them? Oh. You mean the pin. Sorry.

    $300?

    500 and get it while she's out! :P

    --
    Cliffy - CARGPB2
    A passion for pinball!

    Hot Fudge Sunday sprinkled with Valium
    (adjust the dosage to account for the weight gain)

    Just watch your hands when you show her food, pinball is less fun
    without fingers.

    Rich Fife wrote:
    > So, a friend and former boss of mine needs to get rid of his Big Guns...
    >
    > I haven't seen the machine in about 7 years, but I'm pretty sure it's in
    > good shape. He tried to rebuild the flippers and couldn't get the wiring
    > right when putting them back together. Which is odd, because he has an
    > Electrical Engineering degree. It's possible something went down while he
    > was trying that explains his inability to get it to work.
    >
    > Anyway, it's in his ex girlfriend's basement. Very Ex. Nasty screaming,
    > it's all his fault, you're trying to turn all my friends against me, I'm
    > going to put on fifty pounds now ex girlfriend. I made the mistake of
    > inviting them both to my wedding reception three years ago. She made a
    > scene. I haven't seen her much since.
    >
    > So collecting it is going to be fun.
    >
    > He says "Whatever you feel like paying. I don't want to deal with it". No
    > kidding. What should I offer?

    That depends; does she remember that you were friends with her
    ex-boyfriend? If so, I'd have to know that she wouldn't be there when
    I came to pick it up!

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:26:27 -0700, "Rich Fife" <rfife@amug.org>
    wrote:

    [...]

    > I made the mistake of
    >inviting them both to my wedding reception three years ago. She made a
    >scene.
    [...]
    > What should I offer?

    Seems to me like you've already paid :)

    Rich Fife wrote:

    > I haven't seen the machine in about 7 years, but I'm pretty sure it's in
    > good shape.

    Why? It seems entirely possible that the personal belongings that your
    friend left behind could easily have been the first casualties in his
    war with his ex, right along with her sanity. Would YOU leave
    something of value with someone who hates your guts, knowing that
    kerosene is only $3.89 a gallon?

    - Josh A.

    c_kubie@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Hot Fudge Sunday sprinkled with Valium
    > (adjust the dosage to account for the weight gain)

    I like the idea of using a hot fudge sundae as bait to get the ex out
    of the house, but I wouldn't just hand it to her. I'd do it like Wile
    E. Coyote does with the road runner and use a series of signs like
    "Free sundae, this way!" to get her far away from the house, and then
    sneak in the back door to get the pin while she's gone.

    - Josh A.

    Sounds like he needs to pay YOU to pick that one up...
    In the military, they would call that additional amount "hazardous duty
    pay"...

    Get it first, the quicker you get in and out, the more you pay him.

    Sounds like he should pay you though, battle pay.

    John!

    Rich Fife wrote:
    > So, a friend and former boss of mine needs to get rid of his Big Guns...
    >
    > I haven't seen the machine in about 7 years, but I'm pretty sure it's in
    > good shape. He tried to rebuild the flippers and couldn't get the wiring
    > right when putting them back together. Which is odd, because he has an
    > Electrical Engineering degree. It's possible something went down while he
    > was trying that explains his inability to get it to work.
    >
    > Anyway, it's in his ex girlfriend's basement. Very Ex. Nasty screaming,
    > it's all his fault, you're trying to turn all my friends against me, I'm
    > going to put on fifty pounds now ex girlfriend. I made the mistake of
    > inviting them both to my wedding reception three years ago. She made a
    > scene. I haven't seen her much since.
    >
    > So collecting it is going to be fun.
    >
    > He says "Whatever you feel like paying. I don't want to deal with it". No
    > kidding. What should I offer?
    >
    > -- Rich Fife --

    Nothing until it was in my custody.

    Since it belongs to her ex, there may not
    be much left of the game when you pick it up....

    --
    Fred
    TX

    "Rich Fife" <rfife@amug.org> wrote in message news:A82dnZFZ8vOer0LfRVn-oQ@comcast.com...

    > He says "Whatever you feel like paying. I don't want to deal with it". No
    > kidding. What should I offer?
    >
    > -- Rich Fife --

    You never know, she may be more interested in requiring services that fall
    into the revenge category ;-)

    GRY

    "deafdumb&blindboy" <ilduchi1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Sounds like he needs to pay YOU to pick that one up...
    > In the military, they would call that additional amount "hazardous duty
    > pay"...

Games Video Games