Windows startup problem

whenever I try to boot my pc with windows 98 installed , an error
message reads"peefer.vxd" is displayed and prevented me from
proceeding further and system halted there.

another question regarding windows 2000 advanced server :

what does the dumping error mean and how to resolve the problem ?

Please help me.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows startup problem

    pradyuthal wrote:

    > whenever I try to boot my pc with windows 98 installed , an error
    > message reads"peefer.vxd" is displayed and prevented me from
    > proceeding further and system halted there.
    >
    > another question regarding windows 2000 advanced server :
    >
    > what does the dumping error mean and how to resolve the problem ?
    >
    > Please help me.

    This is an XP newsgroup and your questions are about 98 and windows2000
    server. Might want to post to a more appropriate group. Here is a list
    of all MS pulbic newsgroups: http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Strange Q's to ask in a winxp ng

    "pradyuthal" <ksh_lotus2@sancharnet-dot-in.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > whenever I try to boot my pc with windows 98 installed , an error
    > message reads"peefer.vxd" is displayed and prevented me from
    > proceeding further and system halted there.
    >
    > another question regarding windows 2000 advanced server :
    >
    > what does the dumping error mean and how to resolve the problem ?
    >
    > Please help me.

Windows XP