Enabling File Sharing

In my new computer (XP operating system) that is on a wireless network, I
would like to enable file sharing. When I go through the wizard it asks me
to create a disk to take to other computers. Unfortunately, when I purchased
this computer, I did not get a floppy drive! Any ideas on how I can create
this file another way?

Thanks,

Bob
2 answers Last reply
More about enabling file sharing

    A zip drive, or a memory stick in the USB ports, or even a burned CD.
    Easiest is to put in a floppy, you can get them for around $25

    "bobps" <bobps@cox.net> wrote in message
    > In my new computer (XP operating system) that is on a wireless network, I
    > would like to enable file sharing. When I go through the wizard it asks me
    > to create a disk to take to other computers. Unfortunately, when I
    > purchased
    > this computer, I did not get a floppy drive! Any ideas on how I can create
    > this file another way?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Bob

    Hi,

    Just right click the folders you wish to share on the network and choose
    properties. Go to the sharing tab to enable it. Note that pc's on your local
    network should all use a common workgroup name.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "bobps" <bobps@cox.net> wrote in message
    > In my new computer (XP operating system) that is on a wireless network, I
    > would like to enable file sharing. When I go through the wizard it asks me
    > to create a disk to take to other computers. Unfortunately, when I
    > purchased
    > this computer, I did not get a floppy drive! Any ideas on how I can create
    > this file another way?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Bob

File Sharing Computers Windows XP