Sign in with
Your question

$200 monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b C Monitor
September 1, 2010 3:02:53 AM

Hey guys, some of you may know me from the video card forum. I'm finally upgrading my ancient monitor and have $200 to spend. Spotted this deal;
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?s...
It comes with a 3 year replacement warranty described thusly;
"Your Dell monitor includes all the benefits of Dell's 24x7 toll-free technical phone support and Advanced Exchange Service. If your issue can't be resolved after phone-based troubleshooting, Dell will ship you a replacement part or unit the next business day. Unpack your new unit, ship back the defective one, and continue to enjoy the power of your Dell monitor."
This includes even dead pixels. Apparently they charge $50 for this warranty usually but in this case it is free.
Is there a better choice out there for $200? The reviews for this monitor seem very good. The only thing that concerns me is the higher resolution(2048 x 1152) on a 23" monitor making web pages and pics look smaller than they should.
Anyone know of a better deal for this price area?

More about : 200 monitor

a b C Monitor
September 3, 2010 11:58:55 PM

I think that you should go with it (if you haven't already). I have a 24" monitor from Dell (1080p) and it is excellent. It will take a bit of time to get use to web pages and stuff being a bit smaller, but the clarity and fast response time will more than make up for it.

If you want to save a bit of money, check out Dell's Outlet Center, as they typically have some good deals on monitors.
m
l
a c 195 C Monitor
September 4, 2010 9:26:45 PM

2048 x 1152 on a 23" is a bit high for such a small screen in my opinion, but if it floats your boat...
m
l
September 7, 2010 1:13:15 AM

Hi, check the reply that I gave to this guy about a good monitor:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/58262-3-advice-gaming...

The monitor is under $200, so it fits perfect for you, I didn't want to write the same thing over and over again about the monitor, that's why I pasted the link so you can read it, take a look at it and maybe you'll make your decision.

Nice day.
m
l
!