How to remove ISP adds on the active toolbar on IE6 / XP Pro

Just as the title states, my former ISP has somehow snuck their name
for sneaky advertising and I have only just spotted it, right onto
the IE6 active toolbar, so after Internet Explorer is their full ISP
name "BLA BLA Internet Services".

How do I remove the name ? and considering I am not usung their
services and all internet was installed manually I am at a loss to
know how they did it, and how I remove it.

Anyone know ?
4 answers Last reply
More about remove adds active toolbar

    Hi,

    Close Internet Explorer, then start/run regedit, navigate to this key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

    In the right pane. look for a string that reads Window Title, double click
    it to change the name. Deleting this string will remove any branding and
    leave you with just Microsoft Internet Explorer.

    Close regedit and open a new IE window, the change should be immediate.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "digisol" <digisol@optusnet.com-dot-au.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Just as the title states, my former ISP has somehow snuck their name
    > for sneaky advertising and I have only just spotted it, right onto
    > the IE6 active toolbar, so after Internet Explorer is their full ISP
    > name "BLA BLA Internet Services".
    >
    > How do I remove the name ? and considering I am not usung their
    > services and all internet was installed manually I am at a loss to
    > know how they did it, and how I remove it.
    >
    > Anyone know ?

    Whoever added the No Adware link should be aware and well informed
    that it found only 9 infections of a low risk, yet the Spyware Doctor
    that is installed in all my 11 systems found 25 infections, including
    one rather nasty high risk infection.

    It should be noted that Spyware Doctor is run virtually every day as
    is the AVG AV full scan and it will regularly find a dozen or so.

    Don't be alarmed as that is normal for a days work on "any" PC, I
    think it shows that the lengths these companies will go to in order
    to advertise their subliminal name into your PC.

    However as that has been run many times it never found what the ISP
    company had installed onto my systems, and also 2 customers PC's, as
    they were connected to the ADSL for fast updates etc, being dial up
    systems.

    What the DSL company has done is to very cleverly slip in a change to
    the 32 bit file system, somehow, and they deny it ?
    ROTFLMAO as it had their name on it and only they knew how to remove
    it, seems to give the game away just a tad.

    Just be warned, my systems were/are up to date and well protected IMO,
    and look what happens to them.

    Having seen systems where their owners had NO AV protection at all and
    had systems that were so badly infected and near FDISK territory, and
    they had no clue to why or how it happened that the systems were "not
    running well" to say the least.

    Beware.

    OK having invoiced the said DSL ISP company that had their settings
    put onto all the 11 PC's "manually", figure that one ? as they say
    the settings acording to the said company can be created ONLY off the
    install disk that, I DON'T OWN.

    They finally admitted how to remove it after the invoice sent to them
    for their obviously virus like advertising hit the proverbial in
    their office.

    If anyone wants to know how it's done, run the following in your XP
    run box;

    rundl32iedkcs.dll,Clear

    Of course that may only apply to this Western Australian ADSL company.

    >> rundl32iedkcs.dll,Clear

    Should be:
    rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear
    or
    rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,BrandCleanInstallStubs

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    > OK having invoiced the said DSL ISP company that had their settings
    > put onto all the 11 PC's "manually", figure that one ? as they say
    > the settings acording to the said company can be created ONLY off the
    > install disk that, I DON'T OWN.
    >
    > They finally admitted how to remove it after the invoice sent to them
    > for their obviously virus like advertising hit the proverbial in
    > their office.
    >
    > If anyone wants to know how it's done, run the following in your XP
    > run box;
    >
    > rundl32iedkcs.dll,Clear
    >
    > Of course that may only apply to this Western Australian ADSL company.

Windows XP Internet Service Providers IE6 Internet