want to assemble pc, need expert advise

yugo8888

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2003
Who can give a checklist? I want to assemble a pc,but I have no idea about the price, any expert can give me a checklist of accessories the prices of a whole pc, which will work together and give good performance. not the best, but cheap. Thank you all very much!!!!!

MethodMan

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2003
prices vary, you left it very general. do you plan on OCing? what is this gonna be used for? heres a basic list

motherboard
processor
video card
ram
hard drive
cd-rom
case
misc accesories

check prices at pricewatch. finding the best deal for parts is a part of the "building a computer" process, and you have to customize it to your liking. don't let anyone sway your decision, but maybe give you advice.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
If you buy an OEM processor (i.e. NOT a retail one), then you'll also need to buy a CPU cooler.

The Best bet is to give us your budget, and we could make some suggestions. plus tell us if you have any parts which you plan to use, i.e. Monitors, Keyboards, mice, etc. as that would help.

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink: