32.dll File Missing...Will NOT Boot =(

I am having major problems tonight!
Seems I can't start my PC due to a DLL file missing. 32.dll to be exact.
Can I boot from the OEM disc and run Repair or Recovery Console from the
disc to fix this problem?
I am running XP Home Edition on the original disc from Dell.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks in advance,

Jack
10 answers Last reply
More about file missing will boot

    It will boot thru the XP gauge window...then it will show a warning "Stop"
    You may have to reinstall this application 32.dll. That's as far as it will
    boot. The screen is lite blue then freezes.
    help,
    jack

    "Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
    >I am having major problems tonight!
    > Seems I can't start my PC due to a DLL file missing. 32.dll to be exact.
    > Can I boot from the OEM disc and run Repair or Recovery Console from the
    > disc to fix this problem?
    > I am running XP Home Edition on the original disc from Dell.
    > Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    > Many thanks in advance,
    >
    > Jack

    Tried Safe Mode and Last Known Configuration to no avail. Seems to hang with
    a black screen when I tried last know configuration.
    Does it take a while for the settings to readjust in this setting?
    Many thanks,

    jack

    "Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
    >I am having major problems tonight!
    > Seems I can't start my PC due to a DLL file missing. 32.dll to be exact.
    > Can I boot from the OEM disc and run Repair or Recovery Console from the
    > disc to fix this problem?
    > I am running XP Home Edition on the original disc from Dell.
    > Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    > Many thanks in advance,
    >
    > Jack

    "Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
    > I am having major problems tonight!
    > Seems I can't start my PC due to a DLL file missing. 32.dll to be exact.
    > Can I boot from the OEM disc and run Repair or Recovery Console from the
    > disc to fix this problem?
    > I am running XP Home Edition on the original disc from Dell.
    > Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    > Many thanks in advance,
    >
    > Jack

    AFAIK, 32.dll is not a Windows file. It might be part of a virus.
    How far does the boot process go, and what exactly are the
    messages you see?

    I have tried to run the repair from the XP disc which will not boot from the
    CD rom. How do I change the boot order for the CD rom to boot first so that
    I can boot from the disc...then run the repair?
    Can I change the order in the BIOS from boot start?
    How?
    Thanks Again,

    jack

    "Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
    >I am having major problems tonight!
    > Seems I can't start my PC due to a DLL file missing. 32.dll to be exact.
    > Can I boot from the OEM disc and run Repair or Recovery Console from the
    > disc to fix this problem?
    > I am running XP Home Edition on the original disc from Dell.
    > Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    > Many thanks in advance,
    >
    > Jack

    It usually says onscreen. Some machines it is DEL, some F10, some F12...

    --
    A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!

    Jack Barrett wrote:

    > I have tried to run the repair from the XP disc which will not boot from the
    > CD rom. How do I change the boot order for the CD rom to boot first so that
    > I can boot from the disc...then run the repair?
    > Can I change the order in the BIOS from boot start?
    > How?
    > Thanks Again,
    >
    > jack

    <snip>

    http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Have you tried Safe Mode? Last known good configuration? Both
    are accessible when pressing F8 during the early boot phase.

    > It will boot thru the XP gauge window...then it will show a warning "Stop"
    > You may have to reinstall this application 32.dll. That's as far as it
    will
    > boot. The screen is lite blue then freezes.
    > help,
    > jack
    >

    > "Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
    > >I am having major problems tonight!
    > > Seems I can't start my PC due to a DLL file missing. 32.dll to be exact.
    > > Can I boot from the OEM disc and run Repair or Recovery Console from the
    > > disc to fix this problem?
    > > I am running XP Home Edition on the original disc from Dell.
    > > Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    > > Many thanks in advance,
    > >
    > > Jack

    For many machines you press the Delete key during the early
    boot phase to get into the BIOS, then hunt around for the
    menu where you can modify the boot sequence. If you
    cannot find it, read your motherboard manual!

    Jack Barrett wrote on Mon, 29 Aug 2005:

    >I have tried to run the repair from the XP disc which will not boot from the
    >CD rom. How do I change the boot order for the CD rom to boot first so that
    >I can boot from the disc...then run the repair?
    >Can I change the order in the BIOS from boot start?
    >How?

    Jack, if it's a Dell, as I think you said:

    Try pressing F2 as soon as the machine starts up. This should take you
    into the BIOS.

    --
    Nightowl

    Many thanks for all your help.
    I have decided to wipe it clean after saving my files.
    Reinstall XP and start new.

    You folks are the best,

    jack

    "Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
    >I am having major problems tonight!
    > Seems I can't start my PC due to a DLL file missing. 32.dll to be exact.
    > Can I boot from the OEM disc and run Repair or Recovery Console from the
    > disc to fix this problem?
    > I am running XP Home Edition on the original disc from Dell.
    > Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    > Many thanks in advance,
    >
    > Jack

Boot Recovery Console DLL Windows XP