32.dll File Missing...Will NOT Boot =(

I am having major problems tonight!
Seems I can't start my PC due to a DLL file missing. 32.dll to be exact.
Can I boot from the OEM disc and run Repair or Recovery Console from the
disc to fix this problem?
I am running XP Home Edition on the original disc from Dell.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks in advance,

Jack

It will boot thru the XP gauge window...then it will show a warning "Stop"
You may have to reinstall this application 32.dll. That's as far as it will
boot. The screen is lite blue then freezes.
help,
jack

"Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>I am having major problems tonight!
> Seems I can't start my PC due to a DLL file missing. 32.dll to be exact.
> Can I boot from the OEM disc and run Repair or Recovery Console from the
> disc to fix this problem?
> I am running XP Home Edition on the original disc from Dell.
> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Jack

Tried Safe Mode and Last Known Configuration to no avail. Seems to hang with
a black screen when I tried last know configuration.
Does it take a while for the settings to readjust in this setting?
Many thanks,

jack

"Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>I am having major problems tonight!
> Seems I can't start my PC due to a DLL file missing. 32.dll to be exact.
> Can I boot from the OEM disc and run Repair or Recovery Console from the
> disc to fix this problem?
> I am running XP Home Edition on the original disc from Dell.
> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Jack

"Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> I am having major problems tonight!
> Seems I can't start my PC due to a DLL file missing. 32.dll to be exact.
> Can I boot from the OEM disc and run Repair or Recovery Console from the
> disc to fix this problem?
> I am running XP Home Edition on the original disc from Dell.
> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Jack

AFAIK, 32.dll is not a Windows file. It might be part of a virus.
How far does the boot process go, and what exactly are the
messages you see?

I have tried to run the repair from the XP disc which will not boot from the
CD rom. How do I change the boot order for the CD rom to boot first so that
I can boot from the disc...then run the repair?
Can I change the order in the BIOS from boot start?
How?
Thanks Again,

jack

"Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>I am having major problems tonight!
> Seems I can't start my PC due to a DLL file missing. 32.dll to be exact.
> Can I boot from the OEM disc and run Repair or Recovery Console from the
> disc to fix this problem?
> I am running XP Home Edition on the original disc from Dell.
> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Jack

It usually says onscreen. Some machines it is DEL, some F10, some F12...

--
A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
>I have tried to run the repair from the XP disc which will not boot from
>the CD rom. How do I change the boot order for the CD rom to boot first so
>that I can boot from the disc...then run the repair?
> Can I change the order in the BIOS from boot start?
> How?
> Thanks Again,
>
> jack

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Jack Barrett wrote:

> I have tried to run the repair from the XP disc which will not boot from the
> CD rom. How do I change the boot order for the CD rom to boot first so that
> I can boot from the disc...then run the repair?
> Can I change the order in the BIOS from boot start?
> How?
> Thanks Again,
>
> jack

<snip>

http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Have you tried Safe Mode? Last known good configuration? Both
are accessible when pressing F8 during the early boot phase.

> It will boot thru the XP gauge window...then it will show a warning "Stop"
> You may have to reinstall this application 32.dll. That's as far as it
will
> boot. The screen is lite blue then freezes.
> help,
> jack
>

> "Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> >I am having major problems tonight!
> > Seems I can't start my PC due to a DLL file missing. 32.dll to be exact.
> > Can I boot from the OEM disc and run Repair or Recovery Console from the
> > disc to fix this problem?
> > I am running XP Home Edition on the original disc from Dell.
> > Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
> > Many thanks in advance,
> >
> > Jack

For many machines you press the Delete key during the early
boot phase to get into the BIOS, then hunt around for the
menu where you can modify the boot sequence. If you
cannot find it, read your motherboard manual!

"Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> I have tried to run the repair from the XP disc which will not boot from
the
> CD rom. How do I change the boot order for the CD rom to boot first so
that
> I can boot from the disc...then run the repair?
> Can I change the order in the BIOS from boot start?
> How?
> Thanks Again,
>
> jack
>

> "Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> >I am having major problems tonight!
> > Seems I can't start my PC due to a DLL file missing. 32.dll to be exact.
> > Can I boot from the OEM disc and run Repair or Recovery Console from the
> > disc to fix this problem?
> > I am running XP Home Edition on the original disc from Dell.
> > Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
> > Many thanks in advance,
> >
> > Jack

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

Jack Barrett wrote on Mon, 29 Aug 2005:

>I have tried to run the repair from the XP disc which will not boot from the
>CD rom. How do I change the boot order for the CD rom to boot first so that
>I can boot from the disc...then run the repair?
>Can I change the order in the BIOS from boot start?
>How?

Jack, if it's a Dell, as I think you said:

Try pressing F2 as soon as the machine starts up. This should take you
into the BIOS.

--
Nightowl

Many thanks for all your help.
I have decided to wipe it clean after saving my files.
Reinstall XP and start new.

You folks are the best,