guests e-mails

I had a guest log in with their password, now when my computer is in
hibernate it displays that i have 18 new messages. When i highlight the
link, it tells me that under my e-mail account i have 2 messages and the
guest has 16. When i go into the control panel under user accounts there is
only my account active and the guest option is turned off. When i check
under help and settings i am getting the same info, that there is only one
user. My e-mail does not indicate that I have any extra e-mails, only the
two that were displayed. How do i delete them because they will never be
using my computer again?
3 answers Last reply
More about guests mails

    Kris wrote:

    > I had a guest log in with their password, now when my computer is in
    > hibernate it displays that i have 18 new messages. When i highlight the
    > link, it tells me that under my e-mail account i have 2 messages and the
    > guest has 16. When i go into the control panel under user accounts there is
    > only my account active and the guest option is turned off. When i check
    > under help and settings i am getting the same info, that there is only one
    > user. My e-mail does not indicate that I have any extra e-mails, only the
    > two that were displayed. How do i delete them because they will never be
    > using my computer again?

    See this Knowledge base article:

    Overview of the Mail Notification Display on the Windows XP Welcome Screen
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304148

    Another option is download and run tweakui, one of the MS powertoys. In
    the logon section under Unread Mail is an option to Show unread mail on
    Welcome Screen. Untic that box.

    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Thank you very much, that took care of it.

    Kris wrote:

    > Thank you very much, that took care of it.

    You're welcome Kris.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User