Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

guests e-mails

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
August 28, 2005 11:48:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I had a guest log in with their password, now when my computer is in
hibernate it displays that i have 18 new messages. When i highlight the
link, it tells me that under my e-mail account i have 2 messages and the
guest has 16. When i go into the control panel under user accounts there is
only my account active and the guest option is turned off. When i check
under help and settings i am getting the same info, that there is only one
user. My e-mail does not indicate that I have any extra e-mails, only the
two that were displayed. How do i delete them because they will never be
using my computer again?

More about : guests mails

August 29, 2005 1:10:52 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Kris wrote:

> I had a guest log in with their password, now when my computer is in
> hibernate it displays that i have 18 new messages. When i highlight the
> link, it tells me that under my e-mail account i have 2 messages and the
> guest has 16. When i go into the control panel under user accounts there is
> only my account active and the guest option is turned off. When i check
> under help and settings i am getting the same info, that there is only one
> user. My e-mail does not indicate that I have any extra e-mails, only the
> two that were displayed. How do i delete them because they will never be
> using my computer again?

See this Knowledge base article:

Overview of the Mail Notification Display on the Windows XP Welcome Screen
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304148

Another option is download and run tweakui, one of the MS powertoys. In
the logon section under Unread Mail is an option to Show unread mail on
Welcome Screen. Untic that box.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert...

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
August 29, 2005 6:42:24 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thank you very much, that took care of it.

"Rock" wrote:

> Kris wrote:
>
> > I had a guest log in with their password, now when my computer is in
> > hibernate it displays that i have 18 new messages. When i highlight the
> > link, it tells me that under my e-mail account i have 2 messages and the
> > guest as 16. When i go into the control panel under user accounts there is
> > only my account active and the guest option is turned off. When i check
> > under help and settings i am getting the same info, that there is only one
> > user. My e-mail does not indicate that I have any extra e-mails, only the
> > two that were displayed. How do i delete them because they will never be
> > using my computer again?
>
> See this Knowledge base article:
>
> Overview of the Mail Notification Display on the Windows XP Welcome Screen
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304148
>
> Another option is download and run tweakui, one of the MS powertoys. In
> the logon section under Unread Mail is an option to Show unread mail on
> Welcome Screen. Untic that box.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert...
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
>
>
August 29, 2005 4:39:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Kris wrote:

> Thank you very much, that took care of it.


You're welcome Kris.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
!