Toolbar Problem

August 29, 2005 7:54:39 AM

I don't know what caused it, but my toolbar now has two rows. When I rest
the cursor, click and move downward, I close both rows. I've tried multiple
times. It's either two rows, or none.

It appears that the problem concerns 'quick launch' which now acts like it
has taken over the top row. My 'quick launch' has only 9 icons and normally
takes up less than 20% of the top row. They are still grouped together on
the left of the top row But now when I open a program, that program's icon
goes to the bottom row, not alongside the 'quick launch' icons as
previously.

There is a serrated vertical strip alongside "start" but its companion strip
that before marked the right boundry of 'quick launch' is gone from the top
row. It now rests on the bottom row directly beneath the serrated strip on
top. It is not movable with a 'cursor move'.

Also if I uncheck 'quick launch' from the toolbar menu, I can then 'cursor
move' the toolbar to one row. It seems like I've somehow expanded the quick
launch area to gobble up the whole top row.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Fred

More about : toolbar problem

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 8:58:55 AM

Put the cursor to the extreme left of the main toolbar but to the right of
the separator (serrated bar) and drag the bottom part of the toolbar into
the top part. It'll pop back how it was.

Rob Graham
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 9:18:10 AM

Hi Rob -

Thanks. After several tries, it worked. Except now I have a small window
on the desktop, 2.5" x 2.5", entitled Quick Launch. Within the window are
all the icons in 'quick launch'. The only option offered is to close the
window ("X" on top right). Is it OK to close that window or will the icons
on my 'quick launch' disappear?

Regards,

Fred

"Rob graham" <rttgrahamwow@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D eu4mf$rdv$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

> Put the cursor to the extreme left of the main toolbar but to the right of
> the separator (serrated bar) and drag the bottom part of the toolbar into
> the top part. It'll pop back how it was.
>
> Rob Graham

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 3:59:56 PM

"forceten32" <forcex@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Hi Rob -
>
> Thanks. After several tries, it worked. Except now I have a small window
> on the desktop, 2.5" x 2.5", entitled Quick Launch. Within the window are
> all the icons in 'quick launch'. The only option offered is to close the
> window ("X" on top right). Is it OK to close that window or will the
> icons on my 'quick launch' disappear?

Don't know, but try it. I imagine all you want are icons in the bar and I
doubt if they'll disappear. But if they do, then Start/Settings/Taskbar and
Start Menu/ and check the Show Quicklaunch in the Taskbar tab.

Rob Graham
!