Your question

A64 wasted by P4EE, what's next?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Geforce
  • Nvidia
Last response: in CPUs
September 23, 2003 5:36:05 PM

AMD failed once again. Unless they pump more cache into the A64s the prescotts will kill it AGAIN. What do u guys think?

everyday i just hug my P4 alittle tigher :D 

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

More about : a64 wasted p4ee

September 23, 2003 5:56:16 PM

So a 3.6ghz chip beats a 2.2ghz chip.

I've seen a few reviews from good sites like hexus and a few others. 1 site has the 3200 and the FX neck and neck. Another has the FX getting 20k with a 9800pro and toms has the 3200 a lot slower than the Fx. I can't seem to make a good conclusion based on the inconsistencies of all the reviews out atm...

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7000747" target="_new"> 3D-2001 </A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1284380" target="_new"> 3D-03 </A>
<font color=red> 120% overclocker </font color=red> (cheapskate)
Related resources
September 23, 2003 6:06:33 PM

Do you think that the new P4EE will be useable in the Intel D875PBZ that is commonly used for P4 Prescotts now? I have that motherboard, and would most definitely purchase the new P4EE if it will work in my mobo.
September 23, 2003 6:08:46 PM

the differenct it's not huge. face it, Hammer didn't eat P4 for dinner, but i think if AMD pumps more cache into hammer, it'll kill ;) 

I love my P4 :D 

120% nVidia Fanboy
September 23, 2003 9:29:47 PM

Quote:
So a 3.6ghz chip beats a 2.2ghz chip.

What are you, 9 years old?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
P4 2.4C @ 3.0GHz 1.525V Stock HSF
Abit IS7 BIOS v1.3 GAT Auto
Corsair XMS 512MB TwinX3200C2 2-3-3-6
GeForce4 Ti4200 AGP8X 128MB
Seagate Barracuda 80GB SATA
September 23, 2003 9:35:44 PM

the ee should be compatable with any mobo supporting 200 (800mhz qdr) fsb.

Proud owner of DOS 3.3 :smile:
a b à CPUs
September 23, 2003 10:23:33 PM

I think the FX version was barely beaten here, and barely won elsewhere. And that the A64-3200+ should be priced below the standard P4 3.2C if AMD wants market share.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
September 23, 2003 10:43:53 PM

Quote:
And that the A64-3200+ should be priced below the standard P4 3.2C if AMD wants market share.

A64-FX will be priced at $733 in 1000 unit quantities. Not cheap where I come from. A64 3200+ will be a little more reasonable at $417, but there goes any performance advantage which might be seen with the FX.

<font color=white>---</font color=white>
Wanted: Large breasted live-in housekeeper. Must be a good cook, organized, and willing to pick up after me.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 23, 2003 11:11:30 PM

I think AMD has better minds behind the design of their processors.

<font color=red> Cooltek's Oxymorons: </font color=red>
Happily married/United nations/Women's rights/Small crowd/Business ethics/Computer security/Pretty ugly/Exact estimate/Religious tolerance/Jumbo Shrimp
September 24, 2003 12:12:20 AM

Whats next?
The website you pull up for me that has a P4EE in stock.
After a few months and you do that (if ever because you might as well wait for prescott), then get me this imaginary 3.6ghz and 3.4ghz version.

I guess I just dont understand the logic to put oc'd, unreleased processors in the review.
This review is disqualified in my opinion for the attempt to mislead the reader who might not read the fine details. It might not fool anyone posting here, but it seems to serve no purpose other than to keep intel at the top of the charts everytime.

Why not put a A64 oc'd to 3.2ghz in the review then see whos on top?
It would be ridiculous to do so.

Though the 3.2EE is a valid and fair comparison, you have to keep in mind the price and mainly, availability.
<A HREF="http://anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1884&p=1" target="_new">Trust Anandtech</A>

-----
eden is my intel/ati superboy
September 24, 2003 1:29:40 AM

i want a P4 EE~~~

120% nVidia Fanboy
September 24, 2003 2:15:32 AM

Kinney makes a good point IMO. Its really biased by THG to put an unrealeased,<i>if ever released</i>, P4 3.6 EE in ALL the benchmarks, and not even OC the Athlon 64 FX, which I can buy from newegg right now, which so far is sitting on top of the 3Dmark2001 ORB. my 2 cents. its ok to be an Intel or AMD fanboy, everyone has the right to their own opinion,but it is NOT ok to publish such subjective reporting, to make Intel look better then AMD for no apparent reason, unless someone wants to explain to me otherwise.
please excuse the run-on sentences.
September 24, 2003 2:38:12 AM

They do have some insight on things that are coming out. And if they know that the ee are coming out soon, then they might want to let people know so that they can hold their hard earned money until that cpu comes(which happens to be better).

Remember that some people save money and then spend a lot on a computer so that they do not have to upgrade it for a long time. I feel that they are addressing these people by showing them what the near furture. I don't see what the problem is of having them put that in the review, I am it does say a64 vs the p4 ee. So what if they have cpu that is oc, they do not say anything on the pages about it. They did say that the a64 was not able to oc very much.

<font color=blue>"You know, that my backstab attack does double the damage. I can make an off button for him." </font color=blue> :cool:
September 24, 2003 2:46:01 AM

Your acting like a baby. Who cares if they put that in the A64 VS P4 EE REVIEW. The I see more people b!tching now then when they reveiw for the a64 a couple months back. Other sites do have reviews with the a64 oc and you know what the 2.4 a64 and the 3.4 p4 ee are neck and neck, what do you know. why are't people b!tching about that review. It is the first day this cpu came out, it is going to have some bugs to get out.

To end this. stop being babies and b!tching about how un far it is for them to put a 3.6 p4 ee in the review!!!!

<font color=blue>"You know, that my backstab attack does double the damage. I can make an off button for him." </font color=blue> :cool:
September 24, 2003 2:46:21 AM

Kinney did you even check out the FX-51 pricing? That is without counting the very expensive MAINBOARDS, very expensive ECC MEMORY.

Surprisingly AMD is no longer the value company and I cheer them for that in fact. Get 64-bit Windows advertised, and with such prices, you'll sell, because people believe, and don't know Intel.

So I am wondering now where your old logic that AMD offers good prices will be when AMD will likely continue this trend which is the only way to survive really.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol: 
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2003 2:50:13 AM

I was looking for a little MORE savings on the A64-3200+, enough to justify the move to a new, unrefined platform.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
September 24, 2003 2:51:28 AM

Next you can dip it in thermal grease and stick it where it doesn't belong! Or maybe you and Eden can have fun and do it to each other ; )

Do you guys really enjoy putting other people down because they are <i>just like you</i>, fanboys, except for the opposite company? If AMD wasn't around, Intel P4 prices would be pretty interesting to say the least. I doubt you would be even riding on an 800Mhz FSB. Same goes for all the quote on quote "nVidiots." Cant you all just mature a little bit?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by panabob on 09/23/03 11:12 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
September 24, 2003 2:53:26 AM

Problem is also with the stability they reported.

I was happy however to see THG finally showing us the Heat Protection in action.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol: 
September 24, 2003 2:54:46 AM

BTW that video rocked!

The music once more, is well done and used.
They definitely gave the video some nice depth.

--
September 24, 2003 3:28:39 AM

must watch video..... laptop too crappy...... computer busted.......

falls on the ground

120% nVidia Fanboy
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2003 4:03:35 AM

I don't think the "hardcore" sites even mention stability issues, I mean, look at how they used to praise VIA chipsets, back in the days when using one meant formatting your drive every 2weeks-2months!

September 24, 2003 4:15:47 AM

man i always thought Via were good......even though i dont like them -_- their new chipset seems to be kicking ass
but it seem to take nVidia twice to learn their lesson
NV3x was the first one
NV40 should do well
nForce was the first one
nForce 2 is la best
nforce 3 is the first one
nforce 4 will be la best?

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5950ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
waiting for aBox~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2003 4:50:08 AM

I've never had a VIA chipset board that was problem free. Never. I've owned quite a few, tried to get rid of them quickly. I never buy them on purpose, I often end up with them when someone decides to upgrade or...throw out their trash.

September 24, 2003 4:54:38 AM

i owned a ALi chipset and it sucked .......

120% nVidia Fanboy
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2003 5:31:24 AM

I had an ALi chipset Super 7 board. It didn't perform well with my K6-III 450. So I bought the "best" AT board for the K6-III, the FIC VA-503+ (VIA MVP3). It was WAY faster! It was so fast, it crashed at least every 5 minutes! It took only 2 years of updates (BIOS and driver) to make it stable! But by that time, it was worthless!

September 24, 2003 4:43:08 PM

Well things change. I accept the pricing hike, I mean, its a new (and great) product. Its a nonissue for me as its still competitive, and that really goes for both the A64 and even the A64FX, compared to the paperlaunched P4EE and existing P4s.

Though the current 940pin A64FX isnt my cup of tea, I'm not as against it as most are... you arent really out in the cold when the 939s come out. You can still upgrade to a Opteron.

Thats more than what can be said for my Willamette system sitting here.

Its odvious the 940 A64FX was simply put out there as an 'uber' part to represent AMD for now until they can get the 939 with nonecc out the door. And I doubt the FX will sell well until then.
I applaud AMD for their choice in choosing the 940 opteron setup in the meantime for the FX processor, like I said above, it won't leave anyone completely out in the dark.

Quote:
Get 64-bit Windows advertised, and with such prices, you'll sell, because people believe, and don't know Intel.

I think its AMD people don't know. To the enthusiast it might appear Intel is the one not payed attention to.
And really, does it matter which one you use in the end? Neither are slow.. we're long past the K6-? days (thank God).
Realizing their both comparable, I go with whoever has the extra "carrot" in front of me, right now thats the 64bit capability.
I read somewhere though that Prescott might have 64bit extensions also? Or is that just rumor?

I agree its good AMD is hopefully on track to a profitable business path.

The 754 pin A64 3200+ is growing on me and I don't know if I can resist!

Again, bravo AMD.

-----
September 24, 2003 5:06:57 PM

A64 64bit/32bit not a new faster 32bit
P4EE 32bit based off a Xeon chip socket604, meant for speed

32bit processor now, 64bit later Intel wouldnt sell you this way they would keep selling one until the other was ready, each being $700 each. $700 now or $1400 in the long run.

I think the whole benchmark thing is a payoff by Intel. 32bit Extreme processor for 32bit fast apps vs a 64bit/32bit next gen processor not released to do much more on the 32bit level.
Its like comparing a Toyota Supra [Intel] to a Toyota Hybrid [AMD]. Ones good only now, the other for the future.

FX-51 = Athlon XP
A64 = Amd Duron
September 24, 2003 5:18:21 PM

Quote:
They do have some insight on things that are coming out. And if they know that the ee are coming out soon, then they might want to let people know so that they can hold their hard earned money until that cpu comes(which happens to be better).

If this is true, then when would it ever stop? With emulating a Athlon 64 FX3?

And if someone feels such projections are important, wheres the 939pin FX projections for '04?
Yet I could almost see this site chopping a pin off the 940FX and calling it a valid projection versus a o/c'd 3.6 P4EE.
/rolls eyes

Bringing you all back to reality, my <b><i>projection</b></i> is the 3.6 P4EE isnt likely to ever even be paper launched.
I will be surprised to see P4EEs hit stores at all.
The 3.2 EE is over $700 itself.
Please fanboys (including the staff at Toms), stick with Prescott for your flag waving egos. Its the real deal.

Quote:
They did say that the a64 was not able to oc very much.

While this is an enthusiast article, the article is mainly the launching of the A64/FX.
Anandtech (a more reputable site by far) did not put such fraudulant oc'd competitors to the A64.
Let alone not mark them accordingly as being overclocked.

To put o/c'd processors in a LAUNCH article is silly.
This is AMDs new product launch, and to most publications did not view this as an opportunity to undercut AMD as Toms chose to do.
But as a opportunity for some good old fashioned objective reporting.

The presence of the 3.2 P4EE, though valid, is far enough IMO. It does not exist itself in the hands of consumers but AT LEAST its been paper launched and in the hands of reviewers.

I don't see how some of these guys sleep at night writing reviews like this one, because its odvious some of you are actually eating this sh*t up hook, line and sinker.

-----
September 24, 2003 5:33:42 PM

I think I would second that.
September 24, 2003 5:42:21 PM

go team kinney

120% nVidia Fanboy
September 24, 2003 5:46:08 PM

Kinney owns!! (no sarcasm intended)
September 24, 2003 5:57:16 PM

sssssuuuuuurrrrrrrreeeeee

120% nVidia Fanboy
September 24, 2003 6:22:11 PM

Amd failed?
after reading numerous reviews on the net, the new amd cpus are pretty good. Most benchmarks I have read have them coming out on top, especially the fx51. Anandtech site has them on top but worry about the expensive memory for the fx51
But really how much does a few points on a benchmark really mean in real world applications? The p4 & athlon are both good, I have used both and I cannot see a difference in them.(p4 2400 & xp2200)
If I was a Intel fanatic I would be embarrased that a cpu clocked 1 ghz lower beat my beloved p4 in ANY benchmarks, let alone a lot of benchmarks. but who cares? I like getting the most bang for my buck, so I like p4 and Athlonxp. They are both good.
Have a nice day
Bob
September 24, 2003 7:05:09 PM

Thank you!
I didnt expect this much support.

Its nice to see not everyone is backing down to THGC's intel mob mentality.
There are some incredibly intelligent people here... but that does not make them good at analyzing the facts, being objective about information presented. Unless the rest of their buddies back them up.
Its nice that way for them because if you're wrong you have plenty of smart people to back you up anyway.
Not only that (they are impressionable) but their fanboyism clouds their eyes even more.

One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite Presidents.
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time." -Abraham Lincoln

I for one go out on a limb often. And I'm often wrong but I'm good at admitting a loss which restores ones honor and credibility.
At least I don't follow what some guru says, I take all the information I can find and gain the truth myself.
And if I'm wrong, I learn.. (gasp)

Wheres all the loyalists? Having oral sex with your P4 spud?
Does it perform well? Hah.
Some people even AMAZE me here with stupidity (and bad sense of humor). Yet recite so many spec sheets at the same time.

Rock on team sheep.. I mean intel.

-----
September 24, 2003 8:23:09 PM

Quote:
While this is an enthusiast article, the article is mainly the launching of the A64/FX.
Anandtech (a more reputable site by far) did not put such fraudulant oc'd competitors to the A64.

Where did Tom's say that the Intel chip was NOT overclocked? How you can look at that and call it 'fraudulent' is beyond me. They were completely honest and up-front about the P4EEs. If it were blatant lies, you can be sure they'd NEVER get away with it.

I'm impressed by the 64-FX... it does very well considering it has a huge clock-speed deficit. Unfortunately for AMD, that is something they really have to work on. If Intel makes the gap much wider, AMD is going to have a hard time catching up. Clock speed may not matter 100%... but it DOES matter.

I don't like the idea of two different sockets either. If I wanted to buy an A64 now to save some money and get on the 64-bit bandwagon, I wouldn't be able to upgrade to a A64-FX without buying a new mobo... even though both socket types are able to run on the same chipsets.

I'm not a 'fanboy'. I look at what's available and what price I'll have to pay. When I put my P4 system together (an upgrade from an Athlon XP system) the chip/board combo was cheaper than if I had went with AMD. My P4 still performs, so it's not like I lost out. I'll likely wait to adopt 64-bit until there is actual software/OS that will take full advantage of it. Not to mention new bus architectures in the very near future. I don't want to upgrade right now only to have to upgrade again when PCI-Express or other such architectures surface.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
September 24, 2003 10:06:21 PM

I dont know if fraudulant was the right word.. it was more for emphansis on how stupid it is to put a oc'd P4EE (which the 3.2 doesnt really exist yet in its own right) in a launch review.
But I'm not going to repost what I said earlier..
regardless, I might waiting for PCI express until my next upgrade.. depending on whats out there for video at that time. Tho I'll prob be using this radeon for a long time, at least the entire DX9 era and through DX10 its a weak era for gaming, so that might not become true.
Theres going to be more factors than usual for me when determining to upgrade.

I try to take the sit and wait approach for a while (thats how i ended up with a radeon 9800 over a FX which wouldve been my impulse).. and I'm interested in how the prescott thing works out.
It should be interesting but I think its a safe bet that AMD should be significantly cheaper in the end but who really knows this round.
We'll see.

Your not on 'the list' of fanboys around here. Some guys are simply put, retarded, about their.. apparant, intel love making.

-----
September 24, 2003 11:21:43 PM

I don't get the whole issue of using an O/C'd CPU or not. Who really gives a crap?

Both these CPUs are expensive as hell, with the A64-FX needing a new mobo and RAM, while the P4EE just plain costing alot.

Also, the A64 CPU did not seem to get the ratings in most benchs that I've seen, including Tom's. It's great if you want to play games, but other apps it seems lacking.

AMD put out a good, not great CPU. It holds its own and/or even beats the current P4 line, but that's not in an impressive way. If you think so, great, but 20FPS after 100FPS isn't going to make me jump for joy. Neither is 3sec difference in complying time, which I so do in a regular basis.

What disappointed me is A64's DIVX encoding times, since I do a lot of video editing. It definately isn't the CPU for my needs.

Also, why complain about O/Cing, when Anandtech put some A64 O/C @ 2.2 in some of it's lists?

AMD has a good product, but at it's current pricing levels and no Windows support for 64-bits, it's a hard sell, IMO.

:) 

How many watts does it take to get the center of CPU core?
September 25, 2003 2:12:18 AM

Just so it's clear as well... the P4EE @ 3.2GHz is NOT overclocked. That is stock speed. Only 3.4 and 3.6 are overclocked.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
September 25, 2003 6:54:17 AM

You might not care but its apparant many do who desire fair and objective journalism out of what <i>was</i> their favorite site.

I outlined in an above post on why.

Quote:
If you think so, great, but 20FPS after 100FPS isn't going to make me jump for joy.

No, your right. Nobody needs this kind of power yet. Its mostly for sh*tz n giggles like a 3+ ghz P4.

People are just excited about the new tech.. what enthusiast wouldnt be?
I'm going to be excited to see prescotts release too.

Unfortunatly the A64 divx encoding still isnt up to snuff to intels, which is a shame, yet not a surprise. Someone like yourself would be much better served a p4.
Gamers and ppl who game (over 80% of forums) are very interested in A64.

-----
September 25, 2003 7:20:46 AM

Yes I realize the 3.2 is stock clock..

I'm sorry but THG admitted to being wrong about this and removed the 3.4 and 3.6ghz tests.
So all intel fanboys can pack it (each other that is) and wait to flame another day.

Quote:
Update Sept 24,2003: Unfortunately we have made a mistake in the original article: In addition to the official P4 EE 3.2GHz we had included benchmark scores of the P4 Extreme 3.4GHz and 3.6GHz. These values were planned for a future THG article and were not intended to be included here. We would like to apologize especially to those readers who misinterpreted our charts. The two bars of the P4 Extreme 3.4GHz and 3.6GHz have now been removed. However, this issue does not affect our conclusion as we have only compared the official P4 3.2GHz EE to all other test candidates in our original article. For your information: The press sample of the P4 Extreme provided by Intel does not have a multiplier lock and is already designed for higher clock speeds.

Its nice to see the issue be put to rest.

-----
September 25, 2003 7:31:52 AM

Kind of agree, the A64 will be $100 or more cheaper than the P4 3.2c. When do we get to see and hear about the added SSE2 registers the A64 has in 64 bits
September 25, 2003 3:29:28 PM

Quote:
Gamers and ppl who game (over 80% of forums) are very interested in A64.

That's not true, and I even mentioned it with the "20FPS after 100FPS" sentence.

I play lots of games, and not once have I ever looked at one processor as being more superior than the other because it was better by a few frames. That's ridiculous.

A64 is great on Unreal, Q3 (now), and others, but when I play, I don't move at 441FPS nor do I even see any differences at that speed.

A gamer who needs an A64 to play isn't a gamer, but someone who wants to be "the best" in the block, while I can afford the games with my setup, without worrying about 32-bit or 64-bit, which won't really help the game at all, unless it's optimized for it.

I would rather get a good video card over any of these processors, right now. I have the CPU power already, I just need a better GPU...that's what gamers look for, not just frames per second.

September 25, 2003 7:01:53 PM

Quote:
That's not true, and I even mentioned it with the "20FPS after 100FPS" sentence.

I play lots of games, and not once have I ever looked at one processor as being more superior than the other because it was better by a few frames. That's ridiculous.

A64 is great on Unreal, Q3 (now), and others, but when I play, I don't move at 441FPS nor do I even see any differences at that speed.

Seen the halflife 2 benchmarks? With everything on a 9800PRO(the best card now avaiable ) doesnt reach 60FPS on avg.
September 25, 2003 7:44:06 PM

Okay, but do you play HL2 to view the scenery? Or to look at the great bump mapping on a creature coming after you? I don't.

If the game moves smoothly and I can tell friend from foe, then my system is good enough to play it. I don't need a P4EE or A64-FX to shoot and run.

Sure I might not have all the bells and whistles, but the gameplay is more important, not the eye-candy.

September 25, 2003 9:44:07 PM

I agree with what your saying.
But CPU does matter.

What I think your trying to say is that the difference between any modern CPU won't make enough of a difference to warrant one over the other for gaming, and that you prefer to get decent gaming but with the intel exclusive advantages.
Thats an opinion and valid. I agree.

Though the games you are talking about are ones that ANY modern CPU can easily slay. At 100+ FPS.

Though sometimes down the road when games get extremely more complex such as Doom 3 or HL2 (for example), one CPU might drastically increase playability over another.

And when you play in leagues like the CPL you need every ounce you can possibly gain.
Not in todays games, but tomorrows.
Well ok, next months. 11/14/03 to be exact. Thats the current EB release date for HL2. :smile:

Point being, if CS2 is released for HL2 and played within the CPL, even people playing on pubs will be using an Athlon over a Pentium.. because with a 9700Pro getting circa 50fps you need everything you can get.
Remember, this is 50fps with a P4 3.0C.

Thats the very near future we can predict with the new Athlons superiority. Imagine what will happen if these games become optimized for 64bit operation, theres yet another boost. I would suppose DiVx encoding would also gain a boost when going to 64bit.. (?)

The advantage Athlons have in gaming is just as significant as the advantage P4s have in DiVx encoding.

Though the A64s performed much better than their AXP predecessors in that area. I would guess more people use their PCs for gaming rather than divx encoding.

-----
September 25, 2003 9:56:04 PM

Point made. But HL2 is really just a good theoretical example.
HL2=anything in the future.

And why not buy the best CPU for gaming?
If your A64 lasts you a whole year longer than your P4 thats more money saved and more eye candy and FPS you got to see the whole time you owned it.

And I dont know about the rest of you but I'd rather by one Athlon once every 3 years that has acceptable performance in games rather than buying a Pentium (which traditionally has more socket/slot format changes than AMD anyway) which you have to replace every 2 years to keep up with the Athlons in gaming.

Or wait that extra minute while encoding a divx file, which I've never done once personally. Though even pubbing in CS I'd rather not die from choppy FPS than wait out that extra few minutes encoding all those movies.

-----
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest