Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

unable to connect to internet on one user ID

Tags:
  • Routers
  • Connection
  • Internet
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
August 19, 2004 10:58:39 PM

I am running XP pro and my wife and I each have a user
account both are administrator accounts. I have a
wireless network set up using the 500 series router and
adapter. The computer with the adapter is mine and my
wifes. The problem is that Under my user account I am
able to connect to the internet but under my wifes user
account we can not connect to the internet.

Any help would be welcomed

Thanks

More about : unable connect internet user

August 20, 2004 12:11:08 AM

WEll that would be a Windows issue if one account doesn't work while the
other one does. You might try posting in a Windows XP newsgroup.

richard wrote:

> I am running XP pro and my wife and I each have a user
> account both are administrator accounts. I have a
> wireless network set up using the 500 series router and
> adapter. The computer with the adapter is mine and my
> wifes. The problem is that Under my user account I am
> able to connect to the internet but under my wifes user
> account we can not connect to the internet.
>
> Any help would be welcomed
>
> Thanks
May 6, 2011 3:51:09 PM

the reason why it will not connect is because there is another wireless manager that is trying to connect and bypassing other wireless networks. all you have to do is log into each user account and press START/RUN AND TYPE MSCONFIG THEN CLICK ON BOOT TAB. UNCHECK ::::ANIWZCS2 SERVICE LAUNCHER:::::::
your internet will be accessed without another software pushing it out of the way

if you want to see if it works first before removing it from loading at start just control alt del and access ur running programs and end process on ANIWZCS2 SERVICE LAUNCHER and see how the internet will respond after that. if all is well and working then u can keep it from booting at the instructions above.

---my issue was that i was able to access the internet on my main admin account and added users and made them all admin as well but they werent able to access the internet. Only my main admin was internet accessble. Im sure this is the same issue your having. Issue has been resolved in my end and im sure itll work fine on yours.