Here's the setup:
LG 65" 3D TV
65 ft HDMI Cord
Sony BluRay Player
Soundboard
HDMI Switch

BluRay Player + 3ft HDMI Cord --> HDMI Switch + 65 ft HDMI cord --> 65" 3D TV
BluRay Player + 3ft Red/White Audio Cord --> Soundboard

For some reason, I'm getting a very minor delay (maybe .01s) in Audio. It seems to get minimally worse over time.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is it a cord choice?

I can give more specifics on my hardware if needed.

Thanks!

More about : audio delay

June 15, 2012 5:37:39 PM

What do you mean by Soundboard? And i take it the speakers on the TV are not being used?
m
l
June 22, 2012 2:27:06 AM

By "Sound Board" I mean "Mixer". Here is the link to the exact Mixer we use:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Allen---Heath-ZED-12FX-USB-...

And correct, the speakers on the TV are not in use. The Bluray sends audio from it's component out to the mixer. I believe it also sends audio through the HDMI cord to the TV.
m
l
Related resources
June 22, 2012 2:42:19 AM

Why do you connect your TV to a soundboard ??
m
l
June 22, 2012 4:56:42 PM

Hook up the players directly to the TV, is the delay gone then? If yes, you need to work on getting some other configuration for the sound. I don't think there is a human that can detect a 1/100th of a second delay in sound. Maybe 1/10th
m
l
July 2, 2012 12:17:19 AM

Hi,

I have a soundboard because of the way the room is setup. It's not a home, live music is played where the tv is.

Because of that, the only way to get a direct connection on the sound is through the HDMI cord, and thus through the tv only and not the speaker system setup.
m
l
July 2, 2012 1:55:26 PM

There are some TVs that have an audio synch option, take a look in the menus for yours. I know even my cheap Vizio has it.
m
l
July 6, 2012 7:25:23 AM

jdsimons2 said:
Hey everyone,

Here's the setup:
LG 65" 3D TV
65 ft HDMI Cord
Sony BluRay Player
Soundboard
HDMI Switch

BluRay Player + 3ft HDMI Cord --> HDMI Switch + 65 ft HDMI cord --> 65" 3D TV
BluRay Player + 3ft Red/White Audio Cord --> Soundboard

For some reason, I'm getting a very minor delay (maybe .01s) in Audio. It seems to get minimally worse over time.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is it a cord choice?

I can give more specifics on my hardware if needed.

Thanks!

Does it happen all the time or just when you're watching 3d? Like what hang-the-9 said your tv most likely have an audio sync feature. If it happens while watching 3d, if your 3d tv is from lg's 2012 models then it might have a 3d sound zooming. You may want to check that. I haven't tried it yet but as far as I know you can use it to sync the sounds with the 3d image.
m
l
!