Here's the setup:
LG 65" 3D TV
65 ft HDMI Cord
Sony BluRay Player
Soundboard
HDMI Switch

BluRay Player + 3ft HDMI Cord --> HDMI Switch + 65 ft HDMI cord --> 65" 3D TV
BluRay Player + 3ft Red/White Audio Cord --> Soundboard

For some reason, I'm getting a very minor delay (maybe .01s) in Audio. It seems to get minimally worse over time.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is it a cord choice?

I can give more specifics on my hardware if needed.

Thanks!
7 answers Last reply
More about audio delay
  1. What do you mean by Soundboard? And i take it the speakers on the TV are not being used?
  2. By "Sound Board" I mean "Mixer". Here is the link to the exact Mixer we use:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Allen---Heath-ZED-12FX-USB-Mixer-with-Effects-580319-i1435489.gc

And correct, the speakers on the TV are not in use. The Bluray sends audio from it's component out to the mixer. I believe it also sends audio through the HDMI cord to the TV.
  3. Why do you connect your TV to a soundboard ??
  4. Hook up the players directly to the TV, is the delay gone then? If yes, you need to work on getting some other configuration for the sound. I don't think there is a human that can detect a 1/100th of a second delay in sound. Maybe 1/10th
  5. Hi,

I have a soundboard because of the way the room is setup. It's not a home, live music is played where the tv is.

Because of that, the only way to get a direct connection on the sound is through the HDMI cord, and thus through the tv only and not the speaker system setup.
  6. There are some TVs that have an audio synch option, take a look in the menus for yours. I know even my cheap Vizio has it.
  7. jdsimons2 said:
    Hey everyone,

Here's the setup:
    LG 65" 3D TV
    65 ft HDMI Cord
    Sony BluRay Player
    Soundboard
    HDMI Switch

BluRay Player + 3ft HDMI Cord --> HDMI Switch + 65 ft HDMI cord --> 65" 3D TV
    BluRay Player + 3ft Red/White Audio Cord --> Soundboard

For some reason, I'm getting a very minor delay (maybe .01s) in Audio. It seems to get minimally worse over time.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is it a cord choice?

I can give more specifics on my hardware if needed.

Thanks!

Does it happen all the time or just when you're watching 3d? Like what hang-the-9 said your tv most likely have an audio sync feature. If it happens while watching 3d, if your 3d tv is from lg's 2012 models then it might have a 3d sound zooming. You may want to check that. I haven't tried it yet but as far as I know you can use it to sync the sounds with the 3d image.
Ask a new question

Read More

HDTV Audio 3D HDMI Blu-ray Home Theatre