External Soundcard

rjupiter

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
I recently bought an SB X-fi Surround 5.1 USB card hoping that it would fix my 5.1 issues that i was having with Asus G73Jh which could not produce audio to all of my Logitech Z5500 speakers. Now, i got the card to install ok and it all seems to be working expect sound will only come out of two speaker, L Front and R Front. I am using the optical out on the card into the optical in on my Z5500 control console but the screen of the console only says that it is "stereo" meaning only two speakers. I am not sure what is the issue has i have tried reading the manual, an it say nothing about the optical, and i can't seem to get the software to do much at all. Am i missing something? has anyone used this card successfully?

rjupiter

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
i haven't but since the software for the program setup the speakers and allows you to adjust them i am not sure where or what in windows would make a difference. also have tried hooking it up via analog cables and that seems to work. not an ideal solution but i am thinking i might need a receiver to get full surround with optical.

Perhaps. I'd give it a try though. Just go into your control panel and locate the sound properties and adjust accordingly.

I've never tried running an optical connection from my sound card to just speakers before. My current set up has my Xi-Fi Titanium (internal card) rigged to my Sony amplifier via optical and full surround works just fine.

TRENDING THREADS