Windows Installer; error loading Copy

Whenever I boot my XP Home system a Windows Installer window opens with the
following.

"Copy

Please wait while Windows configures Copy."

then in another window

"Copy

Internal Error 2908"

So each time I start the computer I have to run the Task Manager and delete
the Copy process to get rid of the above messages. The system operates
normally after that.

What can I do to stop this from happening?

John Melbourne
--
enruoblem
3 answers Last reply

    John Melbourne wrote:

    > Whenever I boot my XP Home system a Windows Installer window opens with the
    > following.
    >
    > "Copy
    >
    > Please wait while Windows configures Copy."
    >
    > then in another window
    >
    > "Copy
    >
    > Internal Error 2908"
    >
    > So each time I start the computer I have to run the Task Manager and delete
    > the Copy process to get rid of the above messages. The system operates
    > normally after that.
    >
    > What can I do to stop this from happening?
    >
    > John Melbourne

    Look at the Windows Installer Clean up Utility:

    Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290301

    Another option is clean boot troubleshooting:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

    How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Thanks Rock

    Very helpful information. I had never heard of Windows Installer clean-Up
    utility.

    After I installed the clean-up program I removed 'Copy' from the list of
    applications and now I can reboot without seeing any error message or Windows
    Installer windows.

    John Melbourne
    --
    enruoblem

    John Melbourne wrote:

    > Thanks Rock
    >
    > Very helpful information. I had never heard of Windows Installer clean-Up
    > utility.
    >
    > After I installed the clean-up program I removed 'Copy' from the list of
    > applications and now I can reboot without seeing any error message or Windows
    > Installer windows.
    >
    > John Melbourne

    Great John, glad it worked for you and thanks for posting back.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Windows Installer Microsoft Windows XP