PC and TV with 5.1 surround sound

I was looking to get this Sony 5.1 system http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-DAV-DZ… to pair with my pc and my LG http://www.amazon.com/LG-Infinia-42LV540… I have a very capable video card but it only has DVI connections so what sound card should I get to make this work? Also will I need any additional cables or adapters to make this work?
2 answers Last reply
More about surround sound
  1. Your link to the Sony 5.1 sound system doesn't work, but I'm guessing it's This Sony Bravia DAV-DZ170. Please verify.

    -Wolf sends
  2. you say you have a very capable video card. most video cards nowdays support "sound out via dvi."

    all you would need then is a dvi to hdmi cable to run to the receiver box on the home theater sound system. of course this requires a sound system which has hdmi inputs (and not a system which only is good for using the included dvd/br player). check this.
Ask a new question

Read More

HDTV Home Theatre