Email addresses shown on desktop when logged off

August 29, 2005 7:12:02 AM

We have set up accounts on our home pc but when logged off...it shows up with
user name - number of unread messages - and the email addies of those
messages. Is there anyway to stop this happening????
--
puzlled
Anonymous

Download and install TweakUI.It has the option 'Unread Mail' under
Logon.Uncheck the box against the dialog 'Show unread mail on Welcome
screen'>ok/Apply.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

puzzled wrote:

> We have set up accounts on our home pc but when logged off...it shows up with
> user name - number of unread messages - and the email addies of those
> messages. Is there anyway to stop this happening????
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 12:24:07 AM

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304148
Overview of the Mail Notification Display on the Windows XP Welcome Screen
Line #100 - Disable Mail on Welcome Screen

You can download and install *TweakUI for XP*

!