Email addresses shown on desktop when logged off

We have set up accounts on our home pc but when logged off...it shows up with
user name - number of unread messages - and the email addies of those
messages. Is there anyway to stop this happening????
--
puzlled
2 answers Last reply

    Download and install TweakUI.It has the option 'Unread Mail' under
    Logon.Uncheck the box against the dialog 'Show unread mail on Welcome
    screen'>ok/Apply.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    puzzled wrote:

    > We have set up accounts on our home pc but when logged off...it shows up with
    > user name - number of unread messages - and the email addies of those
    > messages. Is there anyway to stop this happening????

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304148
    Overview of the Mail Notification Display on the Windows XP Welcome Screen
    Line #100 - Disable Mail on Welcome Screen

    You can download and install *TweakUI for XP*
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/default.mspx

    "puzzled" <puzzled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We have set up accounts on our home pc but when logged off...it shows up with
    > user name - number of unread messages - and the email addies of those
    > messages. Is there anyway to stop this happening????
    > --
    > puzlled

Desktops Email Microsoft Windows XP